My Quest with a God

Chapter 10 --------------------------- My Quest with a God

I trudged up the steps to the attic at the big House while Jason and thalia waited at the porch. Before I go, each of them gave me words of encouragement. Telling me to memorize the prochecy and be calm, eventhough how fierce and dangerous the prophecy speaks. I have heard different prophecies that my siblings told me spoken by the Oracle of Delhi to the heroes of Camp Half Blood. Clarisse, Percy, Annabeth, and Zoe, a hunter of Artemis Hunt. But she died, because of the poison when she was hit by Ladon's claws and her head slammed  at one of the black marble walls in  Mount Tam. . I can do this. I thought to myself. I volunteered for this quest. I must come back successfully like any other hero did and resque what matters the most, Lady Hebe, the goddess of youth. But now, I need to hear the prophecy so I would know what I would do. Just then, after a few weeks here at camp, Novelyn, my mom, and Patricia, my step sister came inside my head. I thought of all the burden they caused me at home. But in some way, they protected me eventhough I'm not wanted in their family. I was not ambushed by monsters and recruited by Kronos Army during the Second War between the gods. I snapped out of my busy thoughts and found out I was still not moving.. I finished the four flights of stairs and ended under a green trap door. I pulled the cord and the dorr swung down and a wooden ladder clattered into place. The air from above smelled like mildew and rotten wood and something else.. a smell i remembered from Bilogy class. Reptiles. The smell of snakes.  I held my beath and climed In the attic  were trophies, broken swords, skins of different monsters, a scarf, old books ansd other things the past demigods had retrieved from their quest. And then I darted my eyes at the thing they say the Oracle of Delphi. I felt a chill run down my spine and I gulped. I want to run and go away from the attic, but my feet held me where I stood. Duh? I volunteer for this quest right? So i need not to be scared just for the sight of an old mummy wearing  tie-dyed sundress, lots of beaded necklace and a headband over a long black hair, her eyes were white slits. But still, looking at it gives me the creeps. I must get this over with, just then the mummy stood up from her stool and opened her mouth. A green mist poured from her mouth, coiling over in thick tendrils hissing like ten thousand snakes. I stumbled over some pile of broken armors. God! I can't take this anymore! Im a scaredy idiotic cat. I turned for the door but then heard a voice, slithering into one ear and coiling around my brain: I am the spirit of delphi, speaker of the prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, slayer of the mighty Python. Approach seeker and ask.

i must get this over with so I puffed out my chest and gathered all my willpower and courage to speak. I remembered what Percy told me so I folllowed what he said at the Oracle of Delphi.

" What is my destiny? "

The mist swirled more thickly, collecting right in front of me and around the table with piles of books and armors. Suddenly, there was Patricia, in her slutty dress with my mom Novelyn in an apron. Patricia looked at me and said in a rasping voice:

" Your powers and the Sun God's must combine "

Then Novelyn glared at me and in the same raspy voice;

" To rescue the Lost Goddess whose immortal life lies on the line. "'

Patricia stared back at me and said the last two lines of the prophecy.

" And plunge into darkness and retrieve the light' "

" And bring to Mt. Olympus and set was is right. "'

Mom and Pat dissolved into nothing and I was too stunned to speak, but then the mist retreated coiling into a huge green serpent and slithering back into the mouth of the mummy. It disappeared into the mummy's mouth. She reclined back against the wall. Her mouth was closed tight. As if it hadnt been opened in a millenium. I broke in a run and went down the stairs one at a time. As i was running my thoughts drifted off to the spoken prophecies by my mom and sister's raspy voice. My hair stood on my neck. I have a quest with the Sun God? As in like Apollo? That's awesome. But wait, he's a god isnt he? Then why he was given a quest? I landed on the porch panting hard. Chiron was biting his fingernails while Mr D was glaring at thalia, his purple eyes blazing. Weird.

" Guys!. " I breathe in deeply.

Thalia rushed over to me and jason too. They asked me what was the prophecy and I recited it to them.

" Your powers and the Sun God's must combine

To resque the lost Goddess whose immortal life lies on the line

And plunge into darkness and  retrieve the light

And bring to Mount Olympus and set what is right. "

Mr D, Chiron, Thalia. jason, and a satyr who had just arrived who I recogized was my best buddy, keempee gaped their mouth at me. The silence stretching between all of us was deafening. What's wrong with these people?

" Uh.... Hello? " I murmured.

" Silver! You've got a quest with a God! " Thalia stammered and looked in Chiron's ancient eyes.  Chiron bowed and made a tsktsk sound. What did I do? They looked like they were disappointed. Whatever. Im still going to this quest. With Apollo.

" yeah why? what's wrong with you people? " I shouted.

Mr D glared at me and barked, " This has never happened before kid. Anyway, you need a comanion to the quest. Who are you taking.? Just one. "

I scrunched up my face and tried to think very hard. Who am I going to bring with this quest?

" Thalia? " I suggested.

Jason looked hurt and I felt stupid. I regretted what I just said.

" No. Not another daughter of Father. Or Son." Mr D pointed out to Jason.

" Why? " I asked innocently.

" Because they're are already two children of Zeus in this quest. You and Apollo. " Chiron muttered.

" Oh. SO does this mean... Apollo is my---? " I trailed off. Can I really say it? It seems I cannot verbalize.

" half brother. " Jason said. I looked at him and he nodded wryly.

Yeah. Of course. I have thought of things like that before. My siblings. Half siblings. I could even enumerate them. Thalia, jason, Mr D ( ohmygosh, this grumpy camp director is my bro), Ares, Artemis, apollo, Hebe [yeah, il rescue my sister], Hermes, Athena, aphrodite and many others. My, what a big family I belong to. But still, I feel happy and contented.

" So.. I'll pick another one?" I asked, They all nodded.

What the hell? WHo am I going to pick? Rosette? Lamert? cONNOR? Travis? Cianna? Chal? Mystery? Who?! Clarisse? I think my brain is going to pop. I can't risk them.

" I didnt know who I will pick. " I said stupidly.

" Whatever Sayler. " Mr D said. He said my name wrong.

" Silver. " I corrected him.

He glared again but I ignored him. 

" you need to send an Iris message to Lord Apollo now, Silver. " Chiron said. He's right. i need to get Apollo's attention.

" But I dnt knw where he is Chiron. " i said. But instead, he tossed me a drachma and I caught it. I went down the stairs and found water inside a stray foam cup. I threw it on the water.

" Oh Goddess of the Rainbow, accept my offering." I heard myself say.

A rainbow mist appeared.

" Lord Apollo, the Sun God. Wherever he is. " I muttered stupidly and I heard Mr. D chuckling. The mist shimmered and a strong figure came into view. Lord Apollo. A bow was slung on his back. he was wearing the most modern outfit. Skinny gold leather jeans and a blue fannel shirt. I expected him to be wearing a greek tunic with gold stuffs and be in a 40 aged guy face. But he wasnt. Instead, what I saw made my heart slam in my ribcage. this was the first time that has happened to me. He was about 17 or 18 years old. He had outdoorsy good looks, and a smile that could brighten up the dark Underworld. He was looking so boyish and hot. Uhm is this a God I'm seeing right now?