Untitled Part 37

"Your bath awaits, M'lady!" Jimmy called out in thick British accent.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. Since I have been home from the hospital, which has been five days, Jimmy and I have spent a lot time hanging out. I gotta give the dude credit, he is a great caretaker. I was really surprised by it.

I'm feeling much better than I had. Christ, I don't think I could of felt much worse. I'm still tired, but that is to be expected.

I'm sure you're wondering about Brian and I, right? Makes two of us. I've tried calling him and texting him. Apparently, Brian is too busy to respond to me. I haven't heard from him in five days. I have no fucking idea what he is doing, and I really don't care anymore. Brian has made it pretty obvious that he's not ready for a relationship. Maybe I'm not either.

"Thanks Jimmy." I grinned, opening the bedroom door.

Jimmy smiled at me and nodded.

"I've got comics and the horoscopes." He said holding up the items.

"You truly enjoy hanging out in the bath tub with me?" I grinned.

Jimmy and I now have a weird ritual. We take a bath together. Now hold on a second. Stop calling me shitty names. Both of us have bathing suits on, and we sit at opposite ends of the humongous bathtub. When I say it's a huge tub, I mean ten people can fit in it.

And all of this is strictly platonic. Jimmy is like a brother to me. He knows this. He's also stated that I'm like a sister to him.

Everyone can calm down, and stop assuming shit that isn't true about Jimmy and I.

Moving on...

"Hell yes I do. Baths are boring. Now they're fun." He shrugged.

Ten minutes later, Jimmy and I are sitting on opposite ends of the tub. Both of us are up to our necks in bubbles. Jimmy always goes overboard with the bubbles.

"Your horoscope says you will have an unexpected surprise today." Jimmy told me.

"God, I hope it's not walking in on Zack naked again. That was definitely unexpected." I muttered.

"That shit was great! Both of you freaked out!" Jimmy laughed.

"Who doesn't lock the door when they change clothes in the bathroom? Zack doesn't. That's for sure." I giggled.

"No shit he doesn't. I've told him no one wants to see his naked ass. Dude doesn't listen." Jimmy shook his head.

"Heard from Brian?" Jimmy asked, flipping through the comics.

"Oh. Uh, no. I've tried reaching out to him. You know, tried to be the bigger person? He hasn't responded." I said quietly.

Jimmy moved the comics down to look at me.

"I see." He glared.

"It's fine, Jim. No need to worry yourself about it. We just aren't meant to be." I said, trying to convince myself.

"I call bullshit, but, I know when to not push my luck." He said.

I nodded and leaned back in the tub. The hot water feels so nice and relaxing. I felt my eyes start to drift close.

"What the fuck?" Jimmy muttered.

My eyes flew open and I sat up. Jimmy was staring towards a corner of the bathroom. I leaned forward, trying to see what he was looking at when he screamed like a banshee.

"It's a mouse!" Jimmy yelled.

Sure as shit, a fucking mouse darted back and forth in the corner of the bathroom. The mouse paused for a moment, then started running towards the tub. Both Jimmy and I screamed at the top of our lungs.