Untitled Part 12

"She's been in there for over an hour." Johnny pointed out to me.

"She's moving slow. She hurts. It's probably taking her a while to get ready is all." I said defensively.

"No man, the shower hasn't stopped running. There is no hot water left, Brian. I only know this because I was going to do the dishes." Matt told me.

I have no fucking idea what to do. Do I call her family? I know Juan is out of town. I gave her my word that I wouldn't tell anyone. If I go back on my word, I know she will hate me. But, I'm also worried about her. I really don't know what to do. I've never been in this type of situation. I'm not sure what is the right or wrong thing to do. I feel helpless and lost for the first time in a very long time.

"Fuck!" I growled out, getting up.

"Make sure you knock on the door!" Zack yelled after me.

"No shit, asshole." I mumbled.

I can hear the shower running as I approached her bedroom. I knocked softly on her bedroom door. When there was no response, I carefully opened it.

"Kia?" I asked quietly.

Nothing.

I didn't see her in her room, like I had already figured. I went to the bathroom door and knocked on it.

"Yeah?" I barely heard her ask.

"Um, are you ok?" I asked, cringing at my own question.

"No." She sobbed out.

"Shit." I whispered, leaning my head on the door.

"Um, I'm...I'm going to close my eyes and come in." I said louder.

I waited for her to respond. When I got nothing, I squeezed my eyes shut and opened the door. The sounds of the water running became louder. And now I can hear her quietly sobbing.

"What can I do to help?" I asked, not opening my eyes.

"I don't know." She sobbed louder.

Making a few decisions in my head, I cautiously opened one eye a little. The shower curtain was pulled closed and I couldn't see her inside the tub. The bathroom is filled with steam. I dug around for a few towels in her cabinet.

"Kia? I'm going to shut the water off, sweetie." I said.

"I don't care." She sobbed.

My heart jumped in my chest. This is really fucking bad if she doesn't even care that I'm in here.

Reaching my hand into the shower, I felt the ice cold water spraying down my arm. I shut the water off as fast as possible. Taking a deep breath, I knew I had to open the curtain and look at her.

"Kia. I've got some towels. Let's get you out of the shower." I said gently.

"Ok." She sobbed out.

Very slowly, I pulled the curtain back. Kia was sitting in a ball on the floor of the shower. Her arms were wrapped around her knees, not allowing anything to really remain in view. I said a silent Thank you to anyone listening to me. And no, there is nothing wrong with her, you dicks! I just don't think this is the appropriate time for anything like that. What worried me the most was that She was shaking so badly. Just like she did last night.

I couldn't take my eyes off of the purple and blue bruises that were on her arms and legs. I clenched my jaw, and used the large towel to wrap it around her body. It's like picking up an ice cube. How fucking long did she sit in the cold water like that?