Ch. 23- Sexual Drive, Speed through

This chapter will be focused on my baby Doja because I feel like she's a neglected character, as well as Billie and Rico 🕺🏽

Also, quick few questions and i'll ask this again at the end. Do y'all want Doja to be straight or bi ? do y'all ship her with anyone in the crew ? Do y'all want a single Doja or a taken Doja ?

Also, All Nighter by Doja helped me write this...idk it feels like such a car song

A month later

Doja's POV

"I'm calling this meeting because while we obviously were off duty because of the incident, I've taken the time to heal and we need to get back on schedule." Nicki spoke from the front of the room, propping herself up with her pink cane.

i honestly would've been more surprised if she didn't have a pink cane. I'm still a bit shaken by everything that happened, I feel like we moved past it way to fast and I don't know how to feel about it.

Nicki almost died, Trippie almost killed Damion. It also makes me feel icky and incredibly paranoid knowing he was spying on us. I didn't know what to do with that information or how to ever feel safe in this house again and I didn't know how to bring that up to Nicki or the others without sounding bratty.

Moving as a regular family is already hectic for people but us moving ? Us moving would be a lot and I know everyone didn't need that stress.

In general i've been quiet, mostly focusing on my music. I've been working on singles and albums for my other life, I feel like I haven't been out there enough either.

"Amala ?" Rico waved her hand in front of my face, making me look up and realize everyone was staring. I cleared my throat and readjusted in the chair.

"Um...yeah ?"

"You good bro ?" Billie asked concerned.

"Yeah i'm good let's just get this over with." I rolled my eyes and refocused myself on Nicki.

•••

I sat in the front seat of the car looking at the venue to scope it out. Normani sat next to me with Rico in the back seat.

Rico explained to Normani how she was the distraction and she needed to go ask some questions about the event in the future. Once She had a clear idea of what she needed to do she got out of the car and headed towards the doors of the venue.

I silently watched as she walked over, not noticing Rico swiftly move into the passenger seat.

"So what's up ? why are you so mad ?" I upped my eyebrow at her before looking back at the venue.

"What are you even talking about ?"

"You've been so quiet and you barely talk to me anymore like you use to. After everything happened you've just been distant and I can understand how-"

"There's nothing to question then. Everyone moved past what happened like it was fine. We almost died Maria, we've never been close to dying especially in that way. I don't wanna quit the crew of course this is my family but....It's just scary." My fingers tapped the steering wheel rhythmically as I took small shaky breaths.

She grabbed my hand gently and rubbed her thumb on my knuckles.

"First of all, breath Doja. I'm here for you and I wish you'd said something sooner. I know that we all went through something terrible but at the same time it's better for us to move forward than to fall into a deep depression. If all of us broke down we would be terrible so some of us need to step up for the family and bring a positive vibe. We may seem happy but not everyone is. For some this phase of the heist is a distraction which is why they're so excited to do it."