|49| Three Options

"It's a miracle you survived that, (Name)," the doctor tells you as he does his final check up, "You can go home within two days. It should be longer but you're truly okay. No broken bones or anything. I don't know how but you are one lucky woman," he says which you giggle to as you know the explanation for it.

I guess I should thank Kusuo for that, you tell yourself.

"I'm going to let you rest. I'm sure your family wants to talk to you and check on you," he says and you nod, "All your belonging that you came here with is in your mother's possessions," he says with made you anxious as you don't want to see her.

Your heartbeat is raising, seeming like you were going to go through another attack when in reality, you're just having a severe panic attack which the doctors now know about as they have received Kusuke report so now they know how to deal with it and help you better however, sadly it doesn't change the fact that you're going to die between the age of eighteen and twenty-five or so. 

It doesn't change the fact you're going to die young but what's important is to focus on the now and not the what if or what's certain for the future.

"Hey, calm down. Deep breaths," the doctor suggest and you do as he says but you really don't want to see your mother. When the doctor sees that you have started to calm down, he tells you that your father wanted to see you and before you get the chance to say something, he leaves.

Your father walks in the room and you look the other way as you don't know what to say to him. You're hurt by the truth. You're hurt about the fact he isn't your biological father and also that he had a second family. Deep down, you knew about his second family but you just didn't want to admit it.

But you also notice a woman about his age walking in the room. You saw her before for a few second at his home. It's his wife...

"Can we talk?" he ask softly and you wanted to be salty towards him and just angry. You wanted to tell him to get out and just leave you alone like he has alway have but a part of you couldn't. It's not you.

"Yeah," you answer and he takes a seat next to the bed you're sitting on. His wife sits next to him.

"You may not know me," she says softly. You take a good look at her. She's dirty blond, doesn't look Japanese. Beautiful. Green eyes... "My name is Erika," she says and you nod.

"(Name), this is my wife and I have already explained the whole situation to her. She knows about everything now," he informs you which made you little anxious as you don't know where this conversation is heading. Will you be put in foster care? "And the fact that she haven't asked me for a divorce because of it is beyond me," he adds which confused you a little.

"Can I call you (Name)?" Erika ask and you nod, "I'm a little angry at (Your Father's Name) for what he has done to you. You shouldn't have been left alone nor pushed aside. However, I am in love with him and he is the father of my two daughters. And I also know the truth of the things your biological mother has done to you," she says which made you shake a little in fear.

"She wants custody of you," your father tells you which made you look at him with an expression that's telling him you don't want to go with her, "Well, she more wants to make things right with you. She feels horrible for what she has done and paid the price for it," he explains, "However, I have the full custody of you but because I'm not your biological father, she can take this to court and chances are that you may have to move with her and her family."

"I don't too," you say right away, "I rather stay home alone. I... I rather be put in a foster care than go with her. I don't want to go live with her," you tell him, "Please don't let me go live with her," you beg of him.