|28| Sudden Collapse?

"What do you mean you don't think that (Name)'s father isn't her father?" Felix ask as he raised his voice little as he was surprised by that accusation.

"Shh!" Julie says as she points at the roof. Signalling him that you're still in the house.

"Sorry," he says as he lowers his voice, "Julie, I may be no cop, no lawyer or whatever but that's a really huge accusation you have there," Felix says and Julie nods as she agrees with that.

"Yes, it is but let me explain," Julie ask and Felix leans on the counter as he looks at his girlfriend, "There's no pictures whatsoever about (Name)'s mother. She doesn't know how her own mother looks like, where her grave is or even her name. Her father kept her lock up from birth until she reached middle school. The only times she went out was for a walk or in the backyard or front yard," Julie explains.

"Her father is barely ever home. He's very obscured. There's not even a picture of her parents in the house. (Name) has asked about her mother before but she didn't get anything out of it and when I asked why she doesn't push it, she tells me that she doesn't want to hurt her father. I asked if there was any baby photos but there was none. All (Name) knows about her mother is that she looks like her because her father reminds her about it. So what if... her father took her away or something as he was in love with her mother or something? It's just, something doesn't make sense. I mean, the first time he met me, he wanted to keep me away from her which didn't work. Now, he's being all nice to me whenever he visits," Julie explains and Felix sighs.

"Have you said any of this to (Name)?" Felix ask and Julie shakes her head.

"No, I could never. She knows that her father is the only family she has which is why she's wouldn't believe me. She loves him and she wants nothing but to spend time with him because he's her father," Julie says and Felix looks around the kitchen and then but at his girlfriend.

"Before any accusation, you should first figure out what (Name)'s father does. What's his job because honestly, I can't think of any business job with that needs you to travel so many times," Felix says and Julie nods.

"Neither can I. And the thing with (Name)'s health, it just doesn't sound right to me. I mean, I have seen an attack happen before but something had to happen to her as a baby for this to happen to her. Why keep her lock up at home? Why homeschool her? The doctors told me she'S liked that because something happened to her as a baby or a kid. I met her when she was young, a kid, when I was pregnant with Stella. It was during one of my checkups, I thought she was lost so I talked to her. She was at the hospital doing her checkups as well. I asked for her parents and said her father's at work and her mother is in heaven," Julie tells him.

"She was about how old?" Felix ask.

"Ten. She was ten years old but a very bright and happy kid except she would have bruises on her body. Like once I've noticed a purple mark around her neck and I did question her about it but she said that it's nothing to worry about as she just has a sensitive neck and tried a chocker which didn't look nice," Julie tells him, "I thought she lived in a abusive him but I was completely wrong. She was a kid so I decided to take care of her. She was there when Stella was born. She was so happy to hold her and play with Stella's tiny little hands. But as (Name) grew, the sicker she got and nothing ever made sense," Julie says.

"I have a friend who work as a detective. If you want, I can ask him about it and look into it if it makes you feel better," Felix suggest.

"Yes, please. I'll pay whatever---"

"No, you won't. The guy owns me a favour anyway," Felix says with a smile.

"A favour?" Julie ask.