"And I'm an officer, why do you keep meddling with my job?"

"Zhan you know very well why?"

"Just a stupid promise why does it matter after all this time-"

"Sean Xiao Zhan"

Zhan flinched a bit at the cold tone. Min Hae Jin is not someone to lose his temper easily and towards Xiao Zhan he most certainly never was strict. That's where his slightly bratty side comes from.

"Uncle-"

"I promised your parents I won't let anything happen to you. They left you in my hands. You're my responsibility. Stop making things difficult for me"

"I've already told you don't have to be responsible for me. I'm not your responsibility"

"Listen I never stopped you from doing whatever you wanted neither did I oppose when you said you wanted to become a part of the Vampire Hunting Agency. Stop taking advantage of me being lenient towards you"

"Uncle please let me live my life the way I want to"

"Your way of living is way too reckless. You don't think before doing anything. You got the skill and bravery from your parents but you are way too stupid"

"I can take care of myself"

"I'm done with this argument. Go to your room and this time I won't hear a no"

"I can't. I have to look for someone"

"I don't care. You are my priority and I am only concerned about you. Your father did a reckless move and I don't want you to pay for it"

"Why don't you tell me! Why! What did he do?"

"You don't need to know. Just stay away from the vampires-"

"Stop trying to control me"

"Xiao Zhan!"

Hae Jin harshly grabbed him by his arm as the younger hissed in pain. Li Bowen who was standing near the door immediately rushed forward and separated the two.

"Y-You are injured?"

"What's the big deal? It's not like I'm gonna die"

Hae Jin rubbed his temple.

"You are both dismissed for the day"

He gestured them to leave. Li Bowen dragged Zhan out of there who was still refusing to leave. Zhan shrugged his hands away and glared at him before walking up the stairs.

"As stubborn as bullhead"

Zhan plopped down on the King sized bed with an annoyed look as he pulled out his phone.

Zhan scoffed at the username Hao Xuan set for him. He never really used this application. He remembered Hao Xuan developed this application to get away from tracking or anyone seeing the context of his conversation.

[Conversation between @Xuan_Flirt_101 and @Detective_Stubborn_A$$]

@Xuan_Flirt_101

Baby?
Was Daddy Godfather angry?

@Detective_Stubborn_A$$

You Betrayer!! Why are you texting me now?

I was worried???