19: We don't speak of this... ok?

I am so sorry about this taking so long, My mental heath really dropped. I am still in a bad state but I'm coming back to writing to see if it'll help with coping. I have read through all of my unpublished books and it does make me feel a lot better. I am so thankful for all the people who have bothered to read my book. 

Also I do not have a clue what is happening on the DreamSMP right now, when I fell into a particularly rough patch I stopped watching and keeping up with it. I only know a few recent things and I need to watch like 30 vods lol

Anyway, thank you for reading and lets get on to the book :P

Trigger warnings: self harm, depression, basically sapnap and tommy venting to each other

Karl's POV:

We were running out of time. I was gonna call a meeting, yet Tommy had already done that thankfully.

I took a bucket of Holy water and speed walked to the egg room. I decided against using the tunnel, and stepped into the room. It was now completely overgrown with vines, and I could hear the creepy humming from the egg. Shroom lights had been placed along the ceiling and walls, giving a dim, eerie light.

"Should probably head to Tommy's house now."

I went to go back up the stairwell to the spider spawner, when there was a voice.

"They tell me you are planning something..?"

I looked back at where the sound came from and saw Bad lazily hanging from one of the vines, growing from the ceiling. He was grinning at me, upside down.

"I was just leaving-" I took a cautious step back and bumped into Punz.
"Whaaaat? But we haven't even had any fun yet! Don't you want to hang out with us, or do you just not like me..?"
"It's not that you're an awesome friend Bad! I just really need to see someone. Maybe another time."

I tried to walk around Punz, but he outstretched his Trident, keeping me from leaving the underground hall. There was a hand on each of each of my shoulders and the brought me forward. Some weird voice stopped me from fighting back. Could that be the egg?

Before I realised it, they snatched my armour and everything in my inventory and boxed me in obsidian.

When I began to panic, Bad tutted, making me quiet.

"The egg just wants to talk to youuu... And we barely ever talk anymore!You said we are friends, right Karl Jacobs?"

I nodded my head cautiously.

"Oh god."

I opened my chat and pulled up my dms with a certain someone.

Tommy's POV:

We were stood in the spider spawner and Ranboo showed us the hidden tunnel. It was cleverly hidden underneath a chest.

"We'll see you on the other side." Ranboo grimaced, twirling the bottle of invis in his hand.
"Stay safe." Sapnap hugged Skeppy tightly, before jumping into the tunnel with me.
"We'll need to block this up, so no one else finds it."
"Ok." I nodded.

I took a match out its box, as Ranboo replaced the blocks and chests, hiding us. I struck it across the box, watching the flame spark.

I remembered my past experiences with this. I thought of that time I ran into L'Manburg and burnt down half the houses. To be honest, I was guiltily proud about it. Like- come one! I took on, what was it, three people at once!

Sapnap rattled the lantern he was holding and I lit it, in return for a brighter light. He fastened it shut and we began walking down the steep tunnel.

Now that I actually thought about it, I didn't know much about Sapnap. Nothing more personal that is. The kind of things friends know about each other.

Well, of course that is to be expected. Until a few months ago, Sapnap was on Dream's side. His friend. Since we aren't really enemies anymore, I thought we should take some of the tension off of our backs.

...

A drop of water quietly dripped into a small forming puddle in a dip in the poorly dug tunnel.

"So... how have things-"
"Dream."
"What?"

I stopped walking and looked to him.

"Did he actually torture you in exile- or was it made up so that you could destroy L'Manburg."
"Sapnap, it isn't important."

It is important. I just didn't particularly want to talk about it.

"It is important to me Tommy. I want to know if I have a good reason to hate him."

I stared at him. Sapnap hated Dream. For what he had done in exile?

We continued walking and he let out a sigh.

"He's always had a thing for power. For control. It drove Dream crazy when L'Manburg was formed." He let out a weak laugh. "I didn't really see a problem with it as long as it didn't hurt me. After all, this world feels infinite, what's wrong with you guys having some land?"

He kicked a rock. It felt like this tunnel was going on forever and he must've felt like that as well. He started walking faster. But I didn't know why he was telling me this stuff. 

"I mean- I love a good fight, but not this. Even George knew something was up-" He laughed slightly more manically than before. "And George is the most oblivious fucking person I know! He hardly ever spent time with us but I was still so... shocked when Eret came and told us what happened."

He stopped, and I skidded on the ground. We faced each other and he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Please, what really happened in exile. I want to know if I'm in the right for hating him so fucking much. If you don't want me to ever mention it again, I won't, but please. I've been tearing myself up about it since and I need to know."

He had tightened his grip on me and in the dim light, I could swear I could see a tear.

"What was in that suicide note was mostly true." I felt hesitant to tell him this but I knew how it felt. "I sometimes questioned if I was in the wrong, or if I should actually throw myself into the lava... He was manipulative and almost drove me over the edge."

It felt like my thoughts were going slow mo.

I let out the same stressed laugh Sapnap had done previously and continued to tell my story.

"I don't know what made me not end it. maybe just the want to see the shock on their faces, the revenge. But Dream hurt me. To the point where I hurt myself... and-"

I was suddenly pulled into a hug. I tensed up before easing up and wrapping my own arms around him. I held him tightly. And before I knew it- God damnit, I was crying.

Sapnap rubbed circles into my back. I had never said my feeling out loud. But just talking about everything had made me realise how damaged I was.

I had a gut feeling, we'd never talk about this conversation. But I also knew that we just might come closer after this. If we make it out alive.