16: The Crimson Nightmare

Trigger warning: panic attack, injury description

Tommy's POV:

I had people following me around, to me. It was rather annoying as I had to prepare to face the Crimson egg that night, but I had messaged Karl to see if he could get things sorted for me.

I noticed Ranboo had messaged me, and I gasped on reading it.

"Hey, I've gotta go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I  told the people around me.

I walked away from my friends and once I was out of view, I drank an invisibility and ran to Ranboo.

"Invis truly is my favourite potion." I thought to myself.

I could see Ranboo stood waiting at the Community House and I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Who's there!" He jumped back and almost into the water.
"It's just me dumbass."
"Tommy!" He looked around quickly. "They're onto us."
"What?"
"Tubbo. He knew that you wanted to talk to me about something. He came to me this morning after I left you guys."
"He wouldn't be working alone in this, he isn't like that."

Ranboo, after thinking for a couple minutes, gasped.

"What if the old L'Manburg Government are working together."
"That is likely." I agreed.
"We're gonna have to be careful then, with them watching us."
"Yeah, it's best I go back to everyone now,  they'll start panicking if I'm gone too long."

-time skip to that night cuz laziness-

"Night Tommy." Sam waved.
"Bye." I smiled.

I headed into my house, now that there was no one else around me. I messaged Karl for them to meet me outside the Holy Land.

Karl's POV:

"Alright Karl, I'm good to go."
"Perfect timing." I nodded, seeing the message. "Have you got a water resistance?"
"No, why?"
"We need to bathe in holy water before going close to the egg."
"Damn- oh thanks."

I passed him two potions and beckoned him out the door.

"Lets go."

-time skip-

We could see Tommy stood on the Prime Path, in front of the Holy Land.

"We good to do this" Tommy whispered on seeing us.
"Yeah."

We walked into the holy grounds and into the Church. I stepped into the water, taking my armour off. I held my breath and soaked in the oddly calming water for a few moments more before filling a water bucket and stepping out.

I grabbed one of the towels I'd brought and dried my hair down. Ranboo splashed the water resistance on himself and Tommy took his had.

"It'll only be a few moments." He assured to Ranboo.

They took a deep breath and stepped into the water. Tommy and I both closely watched Ranboo, making sure he wasn't in any pain. After a bit, Tommy pulled out Ranboo.

Tommy grabbed a towel and wrapped it around Ranboo.

"Are you alright, did it hurt?" Tommy asked in a worried tone.
"It only stung a little, it was more the fear of being in the water."

I took three sets of armour off of the stands and handed them to the pair. We left the Church and head out to the spider spawner.

In no time we had reached there.

"Are you guys ready." I asked.
"Yeah. Lets do this."
"Better now than never."

I quickly looked around before jumping down. Ranboo and Tommy came down behind me.