8: Talking to the dead boy

There are a lot of POV changes in this chapter!!! And I thought I posted this chapter, I don't know what happened. Sorry guys :/

Tubbo's POV:

Is was like he wasn't gone. It wasn't as if it was weird him not being in L'Manburg, after all he had been exiled... And I  was the one to blame for that.

I found myself lying in bed that night, not being able to sleep. I felt like it was my fault that this had even happened. I chose a stupid, fucking nation, over a living person. I caved to Dream, gave him exactly what he wanted.

In a way, I guess I'm kinda like Eret; a figure head. I don't hold the power, the people above me do, despite having no right to it.

I tossed and turned, trying to get a blink of sleep. Not that I deserved it. 

The same time, I still care about L'Manburg and I've got a bad feeling about this threat. Of course, it could be some one messing with us but who'd be so heartless to do that?

I lay there, in the early hours of the morning, watching the sun slowly rise. I didn't want to get up. But I had to, I was the president of this nation and we finally had the power to do whatever we wanted.

I managed to pull myself up and go outside.

"Hey Tubbo."
"Hey Niki."
"Get any sleep last night?"
"No."
She chuckled "I don't think any one did to be honest. Do you wanna grab something to eat."

I nodded, and we walked down to her bakery. I noticed there were a few other people there, eating baked goods and sipping drinks.

"What would you like Tubbo?"
"Can I get a tea."
"Sure, go  sit down and I'll sort that out for ya."

I sat down at one of the tables close to the till and daydreamed.

"-Tubbo, can you hear me?"
"Huh? Sorry-" I looked over to the table across from me. "-Eret."
"S'no problem." He shrugged. "Come sit over with me."

Everyone was acting so nice today, I guess people are still in shock about what happened yesterday.

We ended up having a lovely conversation.

-Meanwhile-

Dream's POV:

"God, I really fucked up..." I ran my fingers through my hair, gripping my netherite sword in the other hand.

I'd never meant to kill  him. But I did. It's my fault, and now I'm in trouble.

I strolled through the peaceful forest. It was nearing mid day and I had been running from the Dream SMP since I left Techno and Phil in the nether. I figured I would have to settle down somewhere far away, so I found a nice clearing in the forest and began building a house. If it could even be called that. It looked more like a cobble shack.

I'd never been the best at building. I would have to work on that. I made myself a simple wheat farm and went to sleep for the first time in almost two days.

Technoblade's POV:

"I'm back."
I grinned "Hey Phil."
"Where's Ranboo."
"He left like an hour ago to see if we've gotten a reply from Shadow."
"Shadow?" An echoy voice asked.
"You brought Ghostbur?"
"Yeah! I helped Phil carry his potions here. Who's Shadow." Ghostbur sounded as cheery as ever.
"That's what we're calling that shadow god person." 
"Ahh, ok. Well I've brought as many invisibility potions I could get. What do you need this many for? Visiting L'Manburg?"
"Yeah. That."

We waited outside the house for Ranboo, wondering where the hell he could be...

Ranboo's POV:

I had a strange feeling as I approached the portal, as if I were being watched. I brushed it off, as I had the portal in my view.

I dug down and grabbed the book out of the chest. I hesitantly opened the note to read it.

'Alright,  I'll give you your proof. I want ONE person to come to the coords marked below.'

"Techno and Phil wouldn't agree to those terms." I chuckled. "No way they would."

I glanced down at the coords and back up. It wasn't actually too far away... Without even thinking too much about it, I paced across the barren snowy lands into a forest.

I was rapidly approaching the coords and then I was there. And there was no one.

"What did I expect!" I grumbled to myself.
"Ranboo...?" Came a voice I thought I would never hear again.

I spun round on my heels to see the dirty blonde boy.

"TOMMY!" I ran at him and hugged him.
"YOU CAME. Ranboo, mah friend!" He seemed as happy as he was last time.
"Tommy, you scared us so much. What happened."
He sighed and stared at the ground. "Well Dream was being Dream... driving me mad. I swear, thought I was gonna lose it." He looked back up at me.
"Lets sit down."

I sat down and leant back on a tree, patting the ground beside me. He grinned and sat down.

"Aight, I'll tell you as simple as it can get. Dream was driving me to... yeah, but then I met, I don't think I'm allowed to say his name-"
"The Shadow God?"
"Yeah!"
"Tommy, he threatened L'Manburg and he wants Techno's and Phil's help to destroy it."
"I know, I want him to."
"WHAT?"

That was something I didn't expect. Why would Tommy want L'Manburg to be destroyed.

"L'Manburg kicked me out. They used me... they all used me. I did everything for that country, fought for it, killed for it. I almost died for it, multiple times. And the moment I'm in a spot of trouble, they drop me."

It was true. He had been through so much. He had even saved me from exile by pinning all the blame on himself. He was a selfless and underappreciated boy. Wilbur lost it and yet Tommy stuck by his brother's side till the end.

"So you want it to be blown up?"
"Oh yes, absolutely!"
"So where is Shadow right now?"
"Home, I think. That or the trees." He pointed up.

-Some time later-

I felt my phone ringing in my pocket.

"Oh god, how long have we been here..?"

I picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"RANBOO, mate where are you. What are your coords."
I looked over at Tommy who shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you."

We heard some sort of commotion come from the other end of the line and a different voice came through.

"Tell us right now so we come get you."
"I can get home myself." I laughed.
"WHAT IS HOLDING YOU BACK THEN?"

Tommy looked like he was holding back a laugh. He put a finger to his lips and took my phone.

"Techno, shut the fuck up. He can be where he wants to, don't baby him."

He laughed and put the phone back in my hands laughing his head off. There were unintelligible yells from the two men. I laughed with Tommy.

"Tommy, is that you? Ranboo are you still there!"
"Yeah." I wheezed.
"You're with Tommy?!"
"Yup." I giggled.

I heard the door shut and I knew Techno had left to find me. Phil began saying something but I hung up.

"Technoblade is looking for us now. You've gotta leave. Tell Shadow, we'll leave the potions in the chest and keep in contact with me."
"Awesome! It was great talking to you again Ranboo."
"It was, I'm glad you're safe."

We both ran the opposite directions. I knew I was gonna be in for it when Techno found me but I didn't care.

All that mattered was that Tommy was safe.