14: Their secret plan

Karl's POV:

He knew. I must've told him. There was no way he would've survived that fall so I spent way too much time piecing together what must've happened. In the end, I didn't come out with much.

So I had to have saved him and told him about my abilities and something important. And now Tommy was gonna tell me that important thing.

I borrowed a potion from Ghostbur and drank it so that no one would see me there.

Smiling, I stood up, seeing Tommy sat on the ledge of the crater.

"Hey Tommy, it's Karl."
He looked up. "Where are you?"
"Right beside you, I think it's better if we go inside."
"Good plan." He laughed.

We walked down to my house and I drank a milk bucket.

"So Tommy, what did you need to talk about?"
"Don't be a fuckin' idiot, you know exactly why. You saved me, you're not as stupid as people think."
"Yep!"
"Who else knows about it?"
"I think Dream has a suspicion, but he's gone now."
"Ok good."
"What did I tell you?"
"You showed me the Inbetween and told me about your.. abilities."
"Was that all?"

He tapped his foot and looked around.

"What do you know about the Crimson egg."
"Not much, it's seems like a threat though."
"You said how it was manipulating minds and how Badboyhalo is feeding it and in a few months it'll have complete control over the server."
"Oh wow."
"You said that I was the only person who could stop it."

We were quiet for a few minutes while I sat in deep thought.

"Well if you were meant to be dead when the egg takes over and if it manipulates people's minds... maybe it won't have any affect on you!"
"That... that's actually pretty smart. How about tomorrow night we test it out."
"It could be dangerous but it's all we've got." I agreed to the plan.
"I'm gonna head out Karl, gonna try get some sleep before I'm bombarded with awkward social situations."
"Good night~" I sung.

He waved and walked outside, sticking his hands into his hoodie pockets.

I decided that I should get some sleep as well. It was already late and if I was gonna have to prepare for visiting the egg, I can't exactly be sleep deprived.

Quackity's POV:

As much as we didn't want to do this, we honestly had no choice. After Tommy left, Tubbo called Fundy and I to talk. We knew we couldn't just let this blow over. Something weird was going on.

We drank invisibility potions and waited. We saw Tommy get here and he almost knocked Fundy into the crater, walking past.  

We stood close to him, watching to see if anyone was coming.

Out of no where, he looked up. "Where are you?" Tommy asked. There was a pause before he laughed "Good plan."

I looked around,  forgetting that we were invisible.

"Who ever they are, must be invisible as well." I whispered to the two of them.
"Let's follow them." I heard Tubbo mutter.

We followed closely behind them, and peered through the window of Karl's house. The invisible drank a milk bucket and they popped into view.

"KARL? Why would Tommy want to talk to him?"

"So Tommy, what did you need to talk about?" Karl grinned, hand on hip
"Don't be a fuckin' idiot, you know exactly why. You saved me, you're not as stupid as people think."
"Yep!"

"I don't think you're stupid..."

"Who else knows about it?"
"I think Dream has a suspicion, but he's gone now."
"Ok good."
"What did I tell you?"
"You showed me the Inbetween and told me about your.. abilities."
"Was that all?"

"The Inbetween? Abilities? And why is Tommy telling Karl things he said?"

"What do you know about the Crimson egg."
"Not much, it's seems like a threat though."
"You said how it was manipulating minds and how Badboyhalo is feeding it and in a few months it'll have complete control over the server."

"So Bad is a bad guy now..."

"Oh wow."
"You said that I was the only person who could stop it."

There was silence for a few minutes leaving me time to think. They hadn't been very direct so it was proving difficult to piece it all together.

"Well if you were meant to be dead when the egg takes over and if it manipulates people's minds... maybe it won't have any affect on you!"

"What does he mean 'meant to be dead'???"

"That... that's actually pretty smart. How about tomorrow night we test it out."
"It could be dangerous but it's all we've got." I agreed to the plan.

"We're gonna have to follow them again tommorow."

"I'm gonna head out Karl, gonna try get some sleep before I'm bombarded with awkward social situations."
"Good night~"

Tommy walked out the door and I followed him, knowing the others would too. We all walked along the Prime Path.

"God, tommorow is gonna be a shit show." Tommy groaned. "Why is it always me...  I'm the one who  sacrifices the most and I was hoping that was gonna end! But no. Now there's this fancy egg mind controlling-"

He cut himself off and stopped walking. We almost bumped into him.

"I can't trust any body. Any one of them could be working for that egg and they could betray me... again."

He continued walking slowly.

"I don't know what any of them have been doing! Puffy, Sam, Tubbo, Sapnap, George, Quackity, Fundy, Ranb-"

He paused again and shook his head.

"No, I can trust Ranboo. Ranboo was the only one there. And Karl, he saved me. He's against the egg! Wouldn't of saved me otherwise."

We reached his house.

"Ranboo and Karl. Ranboo and Karl. Ranboo and Karl." He repeated to himself. "I'm gonna need to talk to Ranboo."

He walked into his house and we decided not to follow him any further. To be honest, it'd be kinda weird if we did.

We began walking away to Fundy's house when our invisibility began wearing off. We faded into visibility and we rushed to Fundy's house  before we were spotted.

"There was certainly a lot to unpack there." Tubbo half laughed.
"They said Karl had 'abilities'. What do you think that means?" Fundy questioned.
"Your guess is as good as mine! We know it has something to do with how it saved Tommy."
"You're being very quiet Quackity. You good?"

I looked up at them.

"I don't know why  Karl would hide something like this to me. And we have to keep an eye on those two."
Tubbo nodded "And we need to talk to Ranboo after Tommy."