9: Arsonist Tommy Pogchamp

Technoblade's POV:

"I'm going out to find him, keep him distracted."

Phil nodded. I ran out and began pearling in the direction of the portal. I couldn't believe Ranboo hadn't told us he had found Tommy. And that he was actually alive.

I saw the Ender boy walking across the snowy plains and pearled to him.

"WAAaa!" He jumped back in surprise.
"Where is Tommy." I grabbed his arm. "Why isn't he with you."
"I wasn't gonna kidnap him. And plus, he's perfectly fine."
"Where did you last see him."
"I can't tell you that." He shrugged. "Lets go home."
"No, we're going back for Tommy." Ranboo continued walking back. I was hesitant to follow him, I wanted to find Tommy, my brother but I trusted Ranboo's judgement. "You have some explaining to do..."

The trip was spent in awkward silence. We reached the house in little time, where Phil and Ghostbur were sat in the doorway.

"Hi Ranboo!"
"Hey Ghostbur!" Ranboo waved to the pale ghost.
"Is it true you saw Tommy?"
"Mhm!"

Ranboo walked through the doorway. And sat on the window ledge.

"So what do you guys want to know."
"How did you find him." Phil asked.
"Well I looked in the note and- well you can read it for yourself."

He passed us a note, part of it had been torn off.

"Shadow gave me the coords and I knew neither of you would agree to those terms so I checked it out for myself. Tommy told me that he helped him escape Dream's manipulation. What we thought had happened could've been reality if not for Shadow."
"Did he say anything about L'Manburg."

He sighed and nodded.

"Yeah, he said he wants L'Manburg to be destroyed. He was the one who suggested to Shadow to talk to us."
That echoed through my head. "No, Tommy cares about L'Manburg." I said.
Ranboo laughed a hollow laugh "He does not. You should've heard what he was saying. They exiled him so I don't blame him. And I thought you would be happy, he wants to take down the government."

Tommy's POV:

"That was great!" I thought as I ran through the forest. "I haven't talked to another person in weeks if I'm not counting Dream."

I'm glad it was Ranboo that found the note. Hopefully he'll convince Phil and Techno, if they need any convincing.

I dug down into probably my biggest base. I had my main chests in here.

-Some time later-

I pulled my netherite out and grabbed a flint and steel. (WE LOVE ARSONIST TOMMY)

"I'm a fan of minor terrorism." I grinned.

I walked through the forest hoping they had put the shit I needed. Thankfully they had. There was a full double chest of invisibility, regen, speed, strength and harming potions.

I had to make two trips to transport it all back to the base. I left a few invisibility potions in my inventory and headed through the portal. I also had a strength just in case I was spotted.

I arranged my inventory and then began the trip to the portal hub, taking my sweet time.

By the time I had made it through the portal, the sun had set. I chugged an invisibility potion and strolled to L'Manburg.

Chances are, they'll stop the fire before it's an actual problem, but doesn't mean it won't scare them.

I stood in front of the first building. I looked around and put on my netherite armour. It didn't matter if they saw the armour, they wouldn't know who it was.

I lit one of the blocks alight and felt my heart race. I lit more and more until the whole house was a blaze. I laughed to myself hearing a yell behind me. I got my strength potion at the ready.

Niki's POV:

I knew Tubbo would be upset so I decided to try and cheer him up. I met him outside and took him to my café. He had a few teas and Eret, Tubbo and I shared a cake. Then the three of us went to Eret's castle and we hung out. It was getting late so Eret was walking us back to L'Manburg. It was a great day and Tubbo seemed happier but that was before we saw the smoke rising.

"What the hell..?" Eret lifted up his sunglasses and stared over the horizion.
"What's wrong?" Tubbo looked at the frozen man.

I tried directing my eyes to where he was looking and I saw-

"Smoke?"
"Smoke!" Tubbo squeeked, he ran along the prime path and under the little hill and made an audible gasp. "L'MANBURG!"

He took off running down the stairs, luckily not tripping over. Eret grabbed my hand and ran after Tubbo.

"No, L'Manburg..." I felt tears coming to my eyes.

Someone had started a fire and it was rapidly spreading. As we got closer, we could see three other people there. Fundy was pouring water, putting out the fire n the building and there were two people fighting.

There was Quackity wearing diamond armour, being beaten by an invisible person wearing netherite. Eret quipped his armour and dived in to help him. I ran and helped Fundy put out the fire.

Tubbo looked fuming as he equipped his armour.

"NO STAY BACK TUBBO." Eret yelled, but Tubbo ignored him.

Fundy and I had finished putting out the fire. Luckily the building weren't too damaged.

"Who are you!" Tubbo screamed, slashing his sword frantically.

The invis person turned their focus onto Tubbo and stabbed forward and pushed him backwards. Fundy and I couldn't do anything seeing as we didn't have our proper tools on us.

Eret went to protect Tubbo but in the short time he made this mistake, they had tackled Quackity and had a sword pressed against his throat.

"Don't kill him!" Fundy begged.
"Please don't." I agreed.

The invisible man whispered something into Quackity's ears. He drew the sword closer to his throat, making beads of blood appear.

"I understand..." Quackity whispered, it barely audible.

In a split second, he pushed Quackity into Eret's arms, knocking them both over, and pearled away.

"QUACKITY! Are you alright." Fundy rushed over and knelt on the ground.

Quackity rubbed his neck nodding slowly.

"What he say to you..?" I helped Quackity up.
"He said, this is a warning from-" he gulped. "a warning from the Shadow god, a preview for the days to come."
"I guess whoever left the that note was being serious..." Tubbo put his head in his hands.
"No shit.." Fundy laughed hysterically.
Quackity let go of his neck and continued, "I couldn't recognise his voice, must be someone we don't know. That or I was distracted by the bloody knife held against my throat." Quackity laughed a little at his joke.

I looked at Tubbo. "What are we gonna do?"
"I'll make an announcement about the threat tomorrow morning."
"I'll make sure all of those living in the Dream SMP comes as well." 

We all went to sleep that night with an uneasy feeling in our stomachs.