13: Through a portal

A/N: Time traveller Karl Jacobs is all I need to say :] Be excited, this is about to get good.

Technoblade's POV:

I couldn't believe it. Shadow wasn't real. Shadow was Tommy! How the fuck did he manage to pull that off?!

I watched as my brother practically begged his best friend to kill him. I couldn't lose another brother, no. I thought of Wilbur as I watched the two blood brothers hug.

Then the boy saluted and stepped off the edge.

I swear, in that moment all the air left my lungs. I was frozen.

Tommy's POV:

I felt the air rushing past my face. It was over. I had done what I needed to, and nothing was stopping me from leaving.

No nothing at all-

"It was never meant to be..." I mumbled to myself, knowing there was no one else to hear me say those cursed words.

I smiled as I watched the ground rapidly approaching me. I closed my eyes before I hit the ground, ready to meet Wilbur again. To see Schlatt again.

In the final few feet between me and the ground, it felt as if time slowed.

And then I hit the ground. But I don't feel dead?

I opened my eyes to see that I'm surrounded by water!

"This wasn't here before?" I mumbled to myself, splashing in confusion.
"No, it wasn't."

My head jerked up. There was a boy, he had chocolate brown, curled hair and chocolate brown, round eyes to match. He wore this strange, goggle lookin' thing on his head and a multicoloured hoodie with a green swirl on the chest. He held a book under one arm and had the other outstretched to help me off the ground.

"Karl?"
"Yes, now quickly. We need to get out of here."

He grabbed my arm and hoisted me out of the crater. I glanced back and saw all the people in the grid in the sky trying to scale back down.

"I swear you were up there with the rest of them?"
"I am."
"That doesn't make sense you fuckin' idiot, and where are you taking me?"
"I'll explain when we're safe."

He dragged me into, what I recognised to be his house. I looked around, as I had never been there before but I was pulled away into a hidden room. He replaced the blocks.

"Down the ladder Tommy, we're almost there."
"Are you kidnapping me?"  I pulled my arm away and rubbed it.
"I just saved you Tommy."

I hesitantly climbed down the ladder and my eyes popped looking at the room.

It looked like a normal cave, other than the fact that there was a huge portal. It was green, with a purple swirl in the centre, basically the inverse of Karl's hoodie.

"Ok, mind telling me the fuck that is."
"I'll show you."

He gently took my hand and looked me in my eyes. I noticed how much shorter he was than me  and almost could've laughed.

"It won't work unless you're willing to come with me, unless you trust me."

I nodded my head. I couldn't lie but I was rather desperate to get as far away from the rest of them and rather curious to where this mysterious portal could possibly lead to.

He shut his eyes and I followed his actions. I squeezed his hand, nervous on what was going to  happen, and he squeezed it back. It felt comforting in a weird way and we took a step forward.