VOL.2: Chapter Jedanaest

Chapter 43———The Tundra Garden (FINAL)
———————————————————————————

///Akina///

After Cecilia was saved, I thought we were safe and sound.
It's really funny how unsafe you can feel the second when everything goes up in smoke.
Right now.....I don't know what to do while the vehicle we ransacked was being dragged by some...device.
"Get ready, you two!" Cecilia yelled at us while getting out a small knife. "Once they pry that door: We're gonna fight our way through them!"
After she said what she said, a loud booming sound hit two feet from us.
The car stopped for a second, resting before gravity pinned to the steel floor we were crawling. It was as if we were in the air; flying like a bird would travel to places. Thank gosh I am not afraid of heights, like Funka. I still love her, though. It's just funny to see her——the most tomboyish girl I know, clawing the very seat she would sit at. When we were at the bus, she was doing the same thing; like the tsundere kitty cat, she is.
God, I miss her. I was thinking about her as my hand started to glow, I could feel the Aether coming off of it. I hope she's in one piece...
There were about forty troops that wore white armors who pointed their guns at us while we were trapped in this car, ready to put the holes in the car doors. I don't think that a small knife like hers was going to do anything to these soldiers.
There was a white Mecha where there was no head and instead had guns mounted on its back, with a purple eagle on the torso part. It looked like something out of a Gundam spinoff, it had the arms like one, the legs like one, and yet was smaller than one.
"PUT DOWN YOUR GUNS. I STILL NEED THEM." A metallic voice commanded his troops harshly, as well as cockily. Everyone heard that voice before. I heard it somewhere on Tv, where I heard it before was what I wanted to know.
Beri sighed and said, "Guys, That's voice. It has to be that one high-ranking soldier from CNN, his name is Loqik something-something." Now when he said something about it, he's got a point: He was the one who was making sure The Nitro Illiad was running up correctly.
Like that Mr. Kresh said, it's hard to replicate the Aether-consuming properties of the older Mechas. The copycat can't beat the original, no matter how hard it tries. I'm kind of sure that he kinda dislikes me for no reason.
"You watch CNN? What are you, a fifty-seven-year-old liberal who is in constant denial?" That Cecilia was so ruthless to the people who tries to help.
She was annoying, for sure. But it wouldn't be smart to misjudge her: I think she's capable of crossing a line a person normally doesn't cross.
This Loqik, who looked very plain with a cleft chin Less of a high-ranking official of a world-renowned army and more of a two-bit killer, if someone asked me.
Still, why does he need us alive when he could kill us? I shook my head and realized that I, despite
Geeze Louise: JUST being close to Cecilia makes me have negative thoughts.
To fall face-first in the snow as the car was ripped apart with ease, I didn't think we were going to die today. I have never been too optimistic like this. Maybe it's my newfound power that keeps me from losing it.
The Mecha was called, according to a Reddit user Dopp3l, the "Nitro Iliad".
My mom told that Iliad was the prologue of the Odyssey.
Maybe the Nitro Iliad, if it was proven successful; then could there be a new model of it. Who knows what the future holds, but since I talked about the Mecha— let tell how there is a low chance of us leaving here in one piece.
Eventually, two of the guards brought Cade in with us and I could see his Mecha from here. There was not a single scratch on him, I was glad to see him. He quietly let out a small "Hey" as he was forced to be next to Cecilia and me.
At least he's okay.....
"Sorry for our disrespect, but surely that doesn't surprise you, children. But alas, I want you to tell me more about Operation Jayhouse. My Empress wants answers and you're the only students that I have encountered this far."
Operation: Jayhouse?
We're students. How are we supposed to know about some weird operation
"We HAVE no idea what you're talking about!" Beri burst out
"Fine, so it will come to this......" Loqik said before disappearing into our eyes and we were shocked at this. He was only a hologram, I could see every little whisker that he had.
Technology is scary nowadays!
We all felt the urge to be more.....the really fancy word my Mom loved to use when we were obeying the rules: We were showing compliance to the Shinra Empire.
"What the hell is going on, Simp?" Cecilia angrily asked Beri, her wings were down to the ground and her eyes diluted a bit. "I'm confused...I feel like I'm in the clouds—"
"It could be the Mecha-ha," I said, the effect was starting to kick in. I felt mellow—I was losing the will to fight the Empire.
First, our minds were scrabbled up, now our legs were heavy. We couldn't move.
It has to be from the Mecha——How can we stop this?
No—-We will stop this guy.
The cockpit opened up and it was none other than the real Loqik, caressing his hair while a crew of men got a step ladder for him to get out. Now I was starting to see him as an actual threat.
Finally, his feet touched the snowy earth—preparing to monologue the BS he was prepping.
"Well, I see you have experienced the Fighting Spirit-Neutralizer implemented in the Nitro Iliad. Do you like it? The Mecha the Empire has manufactured was meant to be a fighting machine, but now Nitro Iliad is the first step in the evolution of peacekeeping."
"Really-y?" I asked him, "What's with the gun-ns on the back?"
Loqik simply laughed at my question, dodging it with ease. His facial changed dynamically, from an arrogant grin to a stone-clad frown, as if he was about to order Cecilia a steak. "Cecilia Harmaajärvi, youngest sister of the Pale Rider himself. You would make a fine bargaining chip."
Damn, she smiles pretty big when she heard about her brother. I never thought she would be so close because all the other times from the paparazzi; she was not one inch close to them——She was always two hundred feet away from her family.
Her Amber eyes were shining at Loqik as she opened her mouth. "You think my brother.....Cares about me?" She was very calm and happy all of a sudden. Even Beri gave mouth me "WTF" as she went on. "I'm flattered. Your ring is so pretty. I'm sorry for killing some of your men. I surrender. To show my acquiescence, may I....kiss it?"
What the hell is going on here? If puzzlement was a color, it would be my hair colors right now. What is she doing now?
"....Thank you." Loqik felt at ease as he grant her permission to kiss his silver ring
He leaned with his hand for her to smooch slowly as if she was a dog.
That "smooch" turned out into a good chomp on his hands, even pulling for a sec before blood squirted all over Beri's face.
His scream was frightening to hear, it made my eardrums bleed from how badly he was screaming.
I guess she can cross that line.
That was a lot of blood from him losing three of his fingers, she bit them like carrots and spat them out. Blood came down pouring from her mouth, I don't want to know what she said under her breath.
He held it in a tighten grasp and looked back at my winged
"You bitch!" He screamed out in agony before slapping her in the face.
"You hit like a bitch...Bitch." Cecilia hit him with reality: I've seen better slaps from a baby.
This plot gets spicier and spicier by the second of it!
Cade and I exchanged looks, shrugging while shivering at the same time while noticing that Beri made it out alive and carried
"Hey, Asswipe!!!" Beri goaded, breaking loose by beating the living crap of the soldiers with punches to the groin and their temple, I was impressed he fought like that teddy bear from that one movie with Mark Wahlberg "Listen here, Shinrai Empire!" Beri was distracted while in the air and pointed at Loqik. In his yellow gloves, he held all of his pocket grenades at once. "I hold exactly twelve tritium pocket-sized bombs and I don't need to tell what will happen if I activate all of them...Here's what is gonna happen: Your Mecha vs Our Mecha.
"Rev it up, Cade!!!" Beri commanded Cade as I imagined an anime sequence every time he would enter his Mecha and strike a pose.
I have such bad timing in these times!!
"Such stupidity!!! Very well then." Sighed Loqik, he got in his Mecha gracefully as he can while his hand was still bleeding. I knew that in his mind, Cade wanted to run away but he knew he had to fight this time.
Running isn't the number one option anymore for him.
"Go!!!!" Cade yelled at us in his machine as the mighty fist and the Nitro Odysseus's fist collided together. "I got this!!"
This is our cue to leave...
The other three of us were leaving with Beri being behind Cecilia and me because Beri had shorter legs.
Transfer all the energy into my whole body...And let the magic happen!! Let it be natural, Akina. Let it surged through you.
I don't what happened, but seven soldiers were down by one finger flick.
One finger flick. I am strong.
"AKINA!!" Warned my short friend, I looked from the corner of my eyes to see a soldier lunging behind me with a knife latched on his hand. Crap! He's too fast!! I began to fear, but I should've known that all things—even Cecilia—has my back.
She slammed the dude's head into the clear, white solid with her all of her remaining strength, causing the snow in her area to scatter around. His helmet cracked open like a nut with his mouth filled with blood and his teeth rearranged to where they were straight.
After she did such a thing, she fell to her knees.
I could tell she was exhausted, she has lost a lot of Aether in her. She was more battle-hungry than Funka or Takeo.
Ryoji?
He fights because he doesn't want the bad guys to hurt him or his friends ever again. He's really smart as a whip when he fights. He just plays dumb so that no one in the class asks for his homework. I can tell what he's thinking sometimes and I have known him for a few months.
The other three just like to fight.
So, to acknowledge her hard-working self without implying it, I touched her wings; they were soft to the touch. Maybe it was inappropriate to do so........Civilities have no meaning right now."
"Thank you." I knew she had manners in her.
"For what-t?"
"For saving us," Cecilia said, smiling a bit. "Now, I'm going to save everyone here by using this Travel Rune." She reaches into the back of her pocket and grabbed a rugged rock with weird markings on it.
Travel Runes.
Travel Runes were used to travel anywhere during the prehistoric times, the Nordics made them before that big comet hit them and Odin and blew Asgard to smithereens. I don't know if Thor and Odin did exist—I am not a multi-god-believing type of person, but I wouldn't dismiss either.
My dad thinks the inspiration of gods comes from angels.
I keep hearing about "biblically-accurate angels" and don't research them. It can't be that bad.
"How come you didn't use it when we needed to?" Beri asked her as she shot back at him. "And your bluff was actually good. Could've gotten us killed."
Beri shrugged and said cooly, "
"Hold on guys! I'm coming too!!" Cade yelled in his Mecha, which was missing an ear and an arm. I guess that the Nitro Odysseus won't be getting a sequel to it.
When someone uses a travel rune, one time someone used it, and they were killed because the power of it was too much to bear for one person. Too low of Aether was the cause, but the Mecha gave it enough fuel to teleport us to the center before all the Gardens.
The Whole Garden Facility is barricaded from the outside... I was analyzing the whole situation as smoke coming after the glass, many police cars were also the majority of the barricade and there was screaming coming from the main Garden.
The only way in is by flight.....And we came prepared like a bunch of protagonists in a novel.
"About the time I can fly," Cecilia said in relief as her wings were moving freely now.
"Want me to carry you, Willoby?" Cecilia asked while her wings flapped in the air majestically.
There was still a bit of blood on her mouth that she didn't wipe correctly.
It was nice of her to ask me. I'm a little bit frightened of her currently at the moment. Also, Cade is adorable.
I politely said no and she backed off before asking Beri about it.
Beri doesn't complain really about anything. And he's best friends with Dakarai...Life is strange.
Inugann opened its cockpit for me to enter, the seats were also comfortable to sit on.
"Do you think they're safe? Our friends?"
"To be honest-t, Cade: I don't know-w."
Cade was wondering about our friends.
Me too, Cade. Me too.
This time, Yami Shinra——You better prepare yourself...
We're coming for us——The flames of the Salamanders will burn hotter than a million suns, but our resolve burns even stronger.

———Track 42 Ended———

EQUIPMENT INFO

Beri's Glove And Boots: If Beri used his powers on his gloves, they contain a cooler-like vent to harden his gastro-healing powers into magenta healing swords. Also shields or potions!
Beri's Satchel: It's not a purse! It can hold many of his inventions. Never gets in the way of his heroism.
Beri's Hero Suit: His mom made it for him and he likes it very much. Even has "Miracleberry" stitched in the torso area. Can survive in the desert due to inspiration from the Dune filtration suit.

Cecilia's Primal Stabilizer: Serves an unknown purpose. Given by Eerikki Harmaajärvi, the N0.1 Hero of Finland.
Cecilia's Suit: Fluffy. And groovy. Enables her to warm up quickly in the winter. Likes the color brown for some unknown reason. (More mysterious than Haruto Kuromiya)
Cecilia Visor: Her incredibly powerful vision increases ten-fold when she wears it, the glass is resilient and cannot be broken by physical or conventional means.