Chapter Šestnaest

Chapter 16–Chamber of Thorns; Aftermath
———————————————————————————

————————The Next Day————————

The school's defense were brought back to life but to what cost? Although the great bastion was standing  tall in the midst of everything, from the highest room of the school to the foundation; lives were lost in the battle. The teachers failed their jobs
Two students had died in their protection; Haruto Kuromiya in Class C-2 and another student in Class C-1.
There were many amounts of patches where grass used to be and statues were demolished from the siege. There were no orchids, no azaleas, no plants that could trigger seasonal triggers. The  charming, marvelous courtyard that Surwick was known for——reduced to nothing. The faculty were grieving about the two students and there was one faculty member who was taking it the worst.
The one who was regretting so much that if he could wind back time, he would in a heartbeat:
Sora Minami. He had known the boy for half of his life, and Haruto knew him all his, familiar with each other.
He walked towards the Principal in a slow pace, his feet were heavy from the news he received from his student Sasha Arkhangel; the one who told him about. On how he protected another student from dying, dying in their steed instead.
Lino turned around and saw how Sora was acting. Acting like he lost a person from his past. I know where this is going, Sora.......
"I just received word that....that....Haruto Kuromiya is dead, sir......" Sora gulped, still being in shock as he reported back to the Principal, who is wrathful beneath his furry exterior. He wanted to find who did this to their school, and make them pay for they did.
Two lives.......Lino thought, started to fume underneath as Sora kept continuing with his report. Two students with a bright future: Cut down in mere seconds. How.....How? Even without the
"The Shinobi population will be distraught about this, Lino. He was the last Kuromiya, sir. The last one.......Mid-World lost another Protector." Sora notified his employer more about, his eyes once full of life, now were blank and teary. He did not know what to think anymore, just doing something was the only thing he could do.
I've known the Kuromiya Clan for all my life, and Haruto's father was a morbid but decent man......Always having the need to do the right thing. They died on the road with dozens of bullets in their head, just coming back from getting ice cream........I was the first one to arrive at the scene........I was interning at the time......Sora was beginning to reminisce about how he met Haruto after his parents were murdered.
It reminded me so much of how Batman was born with his parents in the alleyway, yet in his case——it was in the nice part of Avignon, N.U.S.N. Whoever did it was in a rush: the shots weren't accurate and showed evidence who killed them were inexperienced. It was a gory scene, and little Haruto was sitting in the rain. I was...there to comfort and he accepted it.......He didn't reject me.......It was such a pretty day that morning and afternoon.......As if the Earth knew she lost a great family that fateful night. He ended his reminisce and returned to the real world, he wanted to not face reality currently.
Lino looked at his employee and said in a dire tone, "I need to answer your question—It was Ryoji Kazama who formed the group and went to the generator room." Lino deceived Sora as only him and a few selected knew the secret room in this school. No one knew about what lied beneath the school.
Lino had a small "circle of trust", only letting some into his private affairs into the bizarre life of Lino Saon. Kaimana was known to be second-in-command when Lino had to go to a high-priority voyage, it piqued the faculty's interest whenever he left and spread rumors about it.
The ignorant children were the worst when it came to the gossip.
"....I have something in mind, Sora. Before we have to do this senseless interview, you can see him one last time." He added, seeing how Sora looked at him
Sora Minami perked up a bit. Although Lino had underlying trust-issues, he did hold all of his workers in high regard—He was no monster.
"I can?" If Sora could just see Haruto Kuromiya one last time before the conference, it will bring him closure.
His boss gave him the okay, and entered Surwick by one of the doors that was not broken. It made Sora relieved that he could see him one last time.
He's south from us, you know the location. Try to hurry a bit, I sound so harsh from this, I know. I need all of my people there—Even you. Lino telepathically spoke to his worker, as Sora was enrolled into Surwick due to his efficiency in telepathy.
Thank you, Lino.. I completely understand. I do. 
Sora thanked his boss telepathically, starting to run at the location as quick as possible and without a break.