Chapter Šestnaest.5

Chapter 16.5——I Need Some Air
———————————————————————————
//Ryoji//
———————————————————————————

I was hurt.
I knew I got hurt.
I knew when I got hurt.
Yet, I'm not hurt. I only feel a bit dizzy and nothing more.
How is that even possible? Wounds like these days do not clear in a day for the likes of me. My....body would be in a shock right now before the toxins in me—What the hell is wrong with this school?
In the battle, a sharp yet small thorn that belonged to the Reaper entered my arm. It was lodged in the entire time. If a thorn like that was stuck in my body for twelve minutes or more: I should be dead already. Even members from the four factions of the Assassin's Guild do not fare well wtih the mechanical creations known as Reapers.
Still, I saw no wounds on my body. I should have bandages around me and yet; no band aid. All of us should be in intensive care and instead we are huddled in Reza's room, spreading more bacteria between us.
I kept on thinking about the fight. It could be due to my arm being protected by Igneus the whole time? I pondered to myself as I had lied to Sera just now. It was a good improvisation, coming from the one who was mediocre when it came to espionage.
I was really good on the killing part.
It could have been because I hate lying to people, which I hated the most when during those times I was in. I never lied for the pleasure, if wasn't for these laws that held us in "high" regards; then I would more honest with them.
Yet, lying is my first instinct every time when I deal with a conflict I cannot fight with brute force. I hated that about myself.
My mind is more advanced than any of all of them. I am aware of that and too experienced in Surwick,
I want to know what was going on, yet I had more pressing matters at hand: Batsaikhan Dorj, my friend from my past days as an assassin.
Today——They are probably going to execute him somewhere the public cannot see.
Somewhere that is more private.....Some place that is private and where they can dump the body.
The Nevermore Act.
A law that was implemented after the Dolle Incident.
One with deadly repercussions of the person is or was a member of an faction of the Assassin's Guild, or if the person was hiding the assassin.
A simple yet deadly law they approved since what we did in Estha.
A delivery mission gone wrong. I won't think about it anymore.
I could see feel fires of oblivion right now in this room as the memory was permanently etched into my mind.
The past always comes back to haunt you. That's what the phrase goes as far as I'm concerned, and I need to get out to find him. Batsaikhan Dorj is a good man despite him being a killer—No, he is a decent and honest man who was forced into that type of lifestyle.
If these people knew about me, all of them will be in distraught, all of them would be scared of me..
I would be their boogeyman...I do not want people to fear me, to look in a person's eye when I wore my mask——Their eyes would widen and they would shake so much as I approached them. I knew what fear was when I looked at them, at their tainted, blue eyes.
A father and his daughter.
I couldn't save them but I can honor them by enrolling here and try to do good for them. It's the least thing I could do.
"Yo," Igneus started, "we should try to leave now if you want to see your friend one last time." He told me with a trace of hastiness, trying to rush me into getting out of here and try to help Dorj.
While that thought hasn't escaped my mind, I could not leave in an instant: Especially with Funka Berunji. Although these people would be easily fooled; she is not "everyone".
Her dad, Captain Molotov, has a high rank among Heroes and his approval rating, from what Babel told me prior to coming here, is 90%. She has a lot to fill in once he retired from the hero work but I am entirely sure she can handle it.
Yes, Iggy, I know. I know. I just need to find the perfect way by getting out of here. If we have to do this; we need to do this in the best way possible. I said to him while figuring out a way to get out of here without it being too suspicious.
A difficult task in trying to make a plausible excuse and making sure I get past the guard dog, but I only needed a few seconds before realizing the perfect diversion:
I need some air.
I picked up my feet and stroke the ground as I progressed towards the door then it happened: Funka became suspicious; stopping me from leaving the door. Her salmon-colored eyes were quite a rare sight and grew to be more wary of me.
Salmon eyes and alizarin orange did not mix together——as it was a heterogenous mixture.
"Where're you going?" She asked, her tone reminding me of how yakuza kid would speak. It was informal yet underneath of it all—She was planning something in motion. I could feel it.
"I need to get some air: There's too many people in one room." I said quickly to her, I was trying to escape but damn it if she wasn't a good sentry. Such a grip of hers! I thought as she resume on her interrogation. "Scared of germs throughout this room?" I did not care about her question. I didn't have time for this charade, I need to save Dorj and if
The tension was beginning to be more apparent as the room began to shrink.
I uttered something scientific or what Babel told me something. "The humankind can be quite reckless and would forget about now repeating our past mistakes as a whole." I stated, this was my bluff and if she can figure it out before I devise a second plan.
She stepped to the side swiftly, her attitude shifted
"Yeah." Funka acknowledged my fact, while everyone else was too busy with either a tv-show about wrestling, Reza, or others having their fingers in their noses deeper than the pits of Tartarus.
They were still kids and they seemed to be handling it quite extraordinary; each and every one of them.
If I could read thoughts; I would certainly have a great time in eavesdropping on their irregular ways of thinking. "I understand, people died......And you need some space..."
And like that she let me go so easily. So damn easily as well. There is no struggle as I had anticipated from her.
Iggy and I were surprised that we were not going to be mauled by her. "Great news, Ryoji: She's saving us for dinnertime!" He quipped amusingly, I did not reply to anything about his whimsical words, making sure I left in good fashion.
"See you later, Ryoji!" Everyone except Funka said goodbye to me as I waved back at them and said goodbye in my native tongue and left with my anger intact.
These hallways were empty, I guessed that many students went home early because of this whole attack. They could get hypnotized by the never-ending checkered floors.
Since the first aid rooms are closer to the entrance than I realize, I should be able to reach him.
The light started to shine through my eyes and began damaging my cornea, immediately having them shut. The sun burns brighter than everywhere else in the world when it wants to.....I heard that saying before.
I was out in the open, walking towards the bustling part of Avignon, one that is nicer than Jupira or Houndspire or even Leiznice in that matter. An engine roared far from me, it sounded excited to see and I knew who it was.
Haruka Uteshiki. The screw-loose Assistant Principal and former guardian to the Grand Summoner Lulu. She wore a crimson tracksuit that seemed to be in mint condition, her first time wearing it as the motorcycle she was riding on was also her first time.
I could feel him poking my skull, his way of trying to get my attention. "Is she an impulse buyer?" Igneus asked me out of curiosity, he could see what I could see.
Perhaps she is...........Either way, let's show some respect to her. She is a person to be respected: To be a guardian for a Grand Summoner is a feat of incredible skills.
She stopped her bike and took her goggles above her head. "Hiyah, Ryoji Dragomir Kazama! It's a nice and gloomy day we're having be today!" The Assistant Principal said to me, she was in a cheery mood. This was not the time to be cheerful
I looked at her, puzzled as she instantly took notice of my puzzlement. "What.....I meant....Was how that Raven, Batsaikhan Dorj, is a sad thing since what he did to our school and a happy since the sun is up and going!" She ended with an awkward laugh, she must have felt divisive about this Nevermore Act.
"Do you know or heard where they take Ravens and to kill them?" I asked quickly before I bit my tongue out. The sound of Igneus groaning inside my mind was prominent, I needed to learn more about socializing properly with others.
That put out her in an wild predicament.
Ummmmm........." She scratched her forehead, messing up her googles as they became lopsided.
"If the police got him: He's good as......" I took a little bit to say that word. "Dead."
That's the word I didn't want to think about. I knew he would be dead if I would not hurry, but time is not my friend here or anytime of the week. "I dunno what do tell ya......." Assistant Principal Haruka apologized with a abundance of sorrow, then changing to her usual cheery mood.
"Although........" She piqued my interest as she got closer to me. "I heard a rumor where they usually,um, 'handle' Ravens." She cleared her throat.  "It's this old market that is long due for renovation, it's called Trouncers. Been here longer than I have been living, so they sort of talk about waste consultation.....It's a little bit farther but south from here, watch the cars and take a left towards Houndspire. Ya can't miss it."
Trouncers is the place I need to go if the police already has him.  "You're serious? South from here, watch the cars and take a left afterwards towards Houndspire?" I relayed the information, as She really is of extreme help. My genetic code has been altered enough to where I can process many complex ideas.
Come to think of it: I saw a 'Trouncers' when I entered the territory, so I should not be too far from it......
"Yepperino!" She said in a quirky fashion, I felt a little bit better after this.
"Why are helping me outside school?"
".....This Place——The N.U.S.N. is the definition of a "cruel yet beautiful world'. If you don't make any friends in this school; others just gonna shallow ya whole like you're a worm in a big pond. If you're here for a long haul, about completely six years, then you're going to need people that are gonna back you up in fights or be here when you're at the low point of your life........Haruto Kuromiya didn't grow up to have this luxury in living another day..........But you can...." She explained to me..Notifying even further how Surwick is......It was actually different to see her like this, it did not fit her style of living.
"Well, I hope you find Dorj. I can't stand the cops!Sayonara, Capybara!!!" She said her goodbyes, clouds of dust chased after her with her nomadic spirit.
It was clear on where I needed to go: A food store by the name of Trouncers, where some cops are going to execute you: Dorj. If I let that happen——another flame in me will become cinder.
"Sayonara.....Capybara???" Igneus questioned his Bonder as I had no answer to it.
What an odd way of saying farewell......Yet it is quite unique of saying that.
I like it.
"Of course you do, Ryoji: I like it as well."
It is eccentric and uncanny for a catchphrase.

———Track 16.5 Ended———