Chapter 17

Y/n's pov

I saw Mattheo ran toward me . I stood up from my armchair . I didn't plan to talk to him so soon. It wasn't going to be easy , but it had to stop .

" Listen Mattheo , for this morning I- " I started

" No Y/n we'll talk about this later " he said

" What ? No , I have to tell you someth- "

" Please , let's me talk first " He asked

" Ok "

He took a deep breath . He looked angry but anxious . What did he want to tell me ?

" Ok, so , this morning , I came out of my dorm , walked normally in the hallways " He said

" Ok and ? " I asked impatiently

" And I saw Theodore- "

" so ? OH DON'T TELL ME TOU TWO HAD A FIGHT AGAIN ? I ALREADY TOLD YOU TO DON'T TOUCH HIM ? HE'S MY BOYFRIEND AND HE WILL BE MY HUSBAND YOU CAN'T JUST-"

" HE WAS CHEATING ON YOU Y/N " he yelled angrily

I froze .

" What , no it can't be " I murmured incredulous

" YES IT IS , you're perfect boyfriend , he was fucking another girl in the corner of a window ." He said

He was lying . Theodore would never be cheating on me . He liked me , he was kind to me . It was him who proposed me to be his girlfriend and who suggested us to spend time together to get to know each other better .

He wouldn't just fuck another girl in a hallway in the morning . Then , I lifted my gaze on Mattheo and I understood , he was just lying .Lying to didn't make me tell him that we couldn't continue this .

How could he be lying to me like this . It was already so hard to me to stop all of this but I had to do this for our good , and him , he was lying to me . I felt the tears rise to the corner of my eyes .

" HOW CAN YOU LIE AT ME LIKE THIS " I yelled , almost crying

He really looked hurted , god he was such a good actor . Everybody , give this man an oscar for his performance .

" YOU THINK I'M LYING , YOU DON'T TRUST ME ? WELL , WHAT WOULD YOU THINK IF YOU'D SEE THE LETTERS HE WROTE TO HIS FATHER , TALKING ABOUT YOU AS A STUPID GIRL ? " He yelled louder

Rage and anger rose in me . How could he lie like this ? Make up these kinds of stories ? Use this childish way to get me away from Theodore ?

" SHUT UP . YOU LIAR . ALL OF THIS IS FALSE . HOW CAN YOU LIE TO ME LIKE THIS . HE WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS . WHAT THE HELL MATTHEO ? "

*Stop the previous music before playing this one *

Mattheo's pov

What was the hell ? Her " boyfriend" and future husband , it hurted to much to say that , was cheating on her , a fucking bastard and now made me look for a liar .

I looked at her , she was crying . How much I wanted ripp the tears off of her beautiful face .But , all I could do was :

" I won't lie to you , I know he's just not right for you "

She looked at me

" And you can tell me if I'm off but I see it on your face , when you say what he's the one that you want . And you're spending all your time in this wrong situation "

" Stop please " she cried

" I know I can treat you better than he can , and any girl like you deserves a gentlemen . Tell me why are we wasting time , on all your wasted cryin', when you should be with me instead. I know I can treat you better , better than he can ."

She looked at me in a way I couldn't describe . I just confessed my feelings and she was crying . I didn"t wanted her to cry

" Mattheo , we can't ' and you know this " she murmured , with sobs in the voice .

If I had to repeat myself I would . Anything to make her understand how much I would her so more happy than this Nott bastard. More happy than anyone else.

" Cause I know I can treat you better than he can , and any girl like you deserves a gentlemen . Tell me why are we wasting time , on all your wasted cryin', when you should be with me instead. I know I can treat you better , better than he can ."

And I wasn't even done . I wanted to show her I was here for her . I won't let her alone . I will stand with her against anybody who would do something against her or us .

" Give me a sign , take my hand we'll be fine , promise I won't let you down . Just know that you don't , have to this alone . Promise I will never let you down. "

" Mattheo , we can't and you know this . you can't just come and lie to me about Theodore and then promise me we can be together . BECAUSE WE CAN'T AND WE NEVER WILL . "

At this moment , something broke in me . My heart almost stopped and I couldn't even speak . After all I confessed , she still didn't trust me and rejected me .

I wanted to talk to her again , but I couldn't . How stupid I has been to think she would trust me without any proofs .Of course , she would prefer Theodore .

I had never felt anything for anyone , except for her . I had never confessed my feelings for anyone , except for her and she didn't trust me .

She prefered to believe to man she was forced to marry instead of me . We grew up together , we always protected each other and we ...... always loved each other , at least as best friend .

But she didn't trust me . So , through the tears that beaded in my eyes , I looked at her codly and said :

" Fine , I'm done , you can go with him "

And I left the library .