Chapter 34: The End

The day was saved. The portal was now under The Boiling Isles' control, and now every demon or witch or creature from that realm were heading back.

But one thing was missing. They needed a leader.

"Are you sure you're up for this big task, my lord?" Jean-Luc asked, tilting his head.

The Demon King nodded. "Yes...Belos has terrorized and contained the magic of The Boiling Isles for years. I plan to correct that wrong. Besides, I'm already a king! I would just have more to rule over!"

King giggled. "And when Dad's done, I'll inherit the throne!"

The Demon King knelt down and nuzzled his pup. "Yes, my little pup...would you like to come with me?"

"C-Come with you?" King asked.

Luz's eyes softened and her smile turned into a frown. She would support King, no matter what his choice was...but she wanted him to stay. She didn't want to depart from her little boy just yet.

King looked over at his mother and then faced his father. "I...I wanna stay. With Mom. But, we can visit each other now that we have control over the portal!! I promise!!"

The Demon King smiled. "I would love that, my boy. And know that you don't have to be afraid of having two homes. It's very normal for children to have more than two parents and homes. And I trust Luz will take care of you."

"I love you, Dad." King smiled as he hugged his father's face.

The Demon King hugged back, kissing his son's forehead. "I love you too, my boy. I'll see you next week."

Then? The mighty king entered the portal and it closed behind him.

King then turned around and smiled, running over to Luz and then into her arms.

Luz was trying her best not to cry. "Y-Y-You want to stay...? With me...?"

King nodded. "Yeah!! You're my Mama!!"

Luz smiled incredibly wide until it had reached ear to ear, and she hugged King tightly.

Eda smiled at that before seeing Lilith begin to walk off. "Yo! Sis!"

Lilith turned. "Huh?"

"Feel free to visit." Eda said with a shrug. "But hopefully not with SWAT teams."

Lilith laughed. "Considering you helped save the world? I'll convince my superiors to give you a pass."

"You'll visit, right?"

"Yes, Edalyn. I will." Lilith said before waving and then walking off.

Eda chuckled before facing the new family she now had. Luz and King getting thrown through the portal and to here was the best thing to EVER happen to her.

As for Luz? Her life remained wonderful. She had a beautiful girlfriend, a protective mother, an adorable son, and the best friends in the world.

She was still a superhero, but all she really did was stop crime. But that was more of a chore than anything.

And for once? Things look pretty good for our-

"Are you narrating?" Amity laughed, walking behind her beloved, who was looking down on the city from a rooftop.

Luz jumped, deciding the narration should continue in her head. "A-Amity!! H-How long were you standing there?"

"Long enough to hear you narrating. I heard superheroes like to do that." Amity laughed again.

Luz laughed with her before turning to her...and then her eyes widened, and even her cheeks reddened.

Amity was wearing her classic black shirt and pinkish-purple pants. But something was different. Her hair wasn't green anymore, but it also wasn't her natural hair color, which was brown.

It was dyed...purple, but with some highlights of her brown hair on the sides. Not to mention, it was cut to be shorter, and no longer in its bun.

"W-Wow..." Luz whispered. "It's...different!"

Amity smiled, twirling her finger around her hair. "Yeah! I thought it would be more...me. Not brown like my Dad or green like the rest of my family...but me. Plus? Purple's a nice color."

She then blushed a little. "L-Like it?"

"Like it...? I LOVE IT!" Luz cried, standing and walking over. "It's so...you! It just screams Amity Blight, the woman I happen to be dating~"

Amity giggled. "You're just saying that."

"If you mean saying the truth? Then yes."

"And I thought I was cheesy." Amity laughed before holding Luz's hand. "So! Ready to take me flying?"

"Only if it means you'll forget I was narrating." Luz laughed before summoning her staff and crawling into it, with Amity sitting behind her and wrapping her arms tightly around her waist. "Ready?"

Amity smiled and nodded. "Go slow and not too high, ok?"

"Promise!" Luz said before the two flew off.

The End.