Chapter 21: The Golden Way

"King! Willow! Gus! I'm home!" Luz smiled as she walked through the door. "You would not believe what I just- Huh?"

The creature looked at Luz and then tilted his head.

Luz gasped and quickly transformed, summoning her staff. "ALRIGHT, BEAST! WHO ARE-"

"WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! STOP!" Gus exclaimed, running over and getting in front of Luz. "He's not an enemy!"

"He...isn't?"

"No! He's Jean-Luc!" Gus said.

King giggled from the couch. "I named him that! Apparently, he's my nanny!"

"Your...WHAT!?" Luz exclaimed before pulling down her mask and walking over. "Someone better have a great explanation for this!"

Jean-Luc then grabbed all the drawings from earlier and set them on the counter for Luz to look at.

Luz scratched her chin before feeling King climb up her shoulder to read them too.

"They wanted to wait til you got here to show me!" King smiled.

"Hmmm...first page. A big demon with an egg?"

"That's...King's father." Willow smiled.

King's eyes widened and he went stiff. He felt frozen, almost like ice. He slowly looked at the drawing and then picked it up. "M-My...dad...?"

King then looked at the next drawing, showing him building a castle for him. "H-He built me my own p-palace!"

King then held the two drawings close. "M-My dad did that for me!!!"

Luz smiled, feeling her heart melt...but also a slight bit of disappointment. Not for King. How could she not be happy for her little boy?

"B...But why is he leaving? He's sad! He doesn't wanna go! I haven't hatched yet!" King exclaimed.

Willow quickly went over. "Whoa, whoa! Hey, your dad left to fight something! That's what Jean-Luc told us."

"B-But where is he...?" King whimpered.

Jean-Luc shrugged, but then groaned, saying something only King could understand.

"Y-You feel his heartbeat?" King asked. "H-He's alive!? We gotta go find him!"

Jean-Luc then groaned again.

"O-Oh...I-I guess that makes sense..." King said.

Luz tilted her head. "What did he say?"

"He said my father wouldn't want me to put myself in danger just to look for him. The best thing we can do is keep ourselves safe until he comes back."

"Oh...King." Luz whispered before facing Jean-Luc. "But he's alive? Right? He's not in peril?"

Jean-Luc shook his head and groaned.

"His heartbeat's normal!" King translated. "He's not scared or angry. He's just calm." He sighed with relief before looking at the drawings again. "THAT'S ME! As a little baby!"

"AWWWWW!" Luz squealed. "You're an amazing artist!"

Jean-Luc smiled and chuckled.

"And then he took care of me...but I wandered off and then I met Mom!" King smiled. "But then he broke out of the castle and came here! He must be connected to me too!"

Jean-Luc nodded in response.

"Well! Now we have a new member of the family! And one we have to wait for!" King smiled.

Luz chuckled, but her smile faltered.

Willow noticed right away and looked at Luz. "Are you ok?"

"Huh? Oh! Yeah! Of course!"

Witches Among Humans (Owl House AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें