Chapter 20: The Creature

"So, how do they not know their identities?" King asked. "I mean! It's super obvious!"

"She doesn't change her voice, her hair, all she did was slap a suit on!" Willow exclaimed.

Gus nodded. "Yeah! They can't be THAT stupid! Even an idiot could figure that out!"

"The King of Demons demands this be turned off!" King exclaimed. "...after the next 34 episodes..."

Willow giggled and tickled his tummy a little. "Alrighty then!"

"Say, King-"

"Shh! I'm watching!" King said before sighing. "Okay, it's just the fight. I know how this will end."

"Ummm, are you ACTUALLY the King of Demons where you come from?" Gus asked, tilting his head. "Luz told us that she found you as a baby."

"Oh! Well...I-I'm not ACTUALLY the King of Demons." King said, a little embarrassed. "There was no King of Demons until Belos showed up. All of us roamed free to cause as much mischief or destruction as we wanted! Some of us were strong, some were smart, others were totally harmless."

Willow then tilted her head, now curious. "So, why did she call you King?"

"Hmmm, I dunno! Probably due to me wearing this collar like a crown!" King smiled, looking at the golden medallion with his mother's sloppy four year old handwriting. "I think I loved the idea so much that I declared myself King! And one day! I'll be a better ruler than Belos ever will be!"

Gus smiled and pet his head. "Considering Belos is an evil psycho? You'd do a thousand times better than him."

"Speaking of Luz though, I wonder if she's having any fun on her date." Willow smiled.

"Ah, they're gonna call us Matchmakers. I'm calling it." Gus said.

"Shh! We're back to the plot!" King said before there was a small rumble. King whimpered and hid in Willow's lap.

Willow scratched her chin and looked out the window. It was completely clear, no dark clouds. "Maybe something just fell." She then petted King. "It's ok."

King took a breath of relief before he sat back down.

Then? The rumble was heard again.

"Eh, a lot of stuff falls." Gus said.

And then it was heard again.

"Maybe Luz flew in the window?"

And then it was heard AGAIN.

After the fourth time, the group could immediately sense whatever was going on wasn't good and held onto each other, shivering.

And then, they heard footsteps walking down the stairs.

"L-Luz?" Gus whimpered.

But instead of Luz, it was an incredibly tall creature of some kind. It looked like a bunch of rocks being held together by some strange crimson substance. The creature than turned their head towards the group, showing their blue eyes.

Willow, King, and Gus all screamed and quickly ran to hide. The creature groaned and started to chase them, revealing they had claws on one of their hands.

Willow then grabbed an umbrella and swung it into the creature's gut, wherever there wasn't stone.

The creature groaned in pain before suddenly making an axe with his hand.

"RUN FASTER!" Willow cried as she hit in the same spot, weakening the creature just a little more and dodging the swing of the axe.

The group kept running and running until Gus and King hid inside a closet, while Willow hid in the bathroom.