Chapter 16: The Fear Bringer

Grom then cackled before he roared, alerting everyone of his presence.

"WATCH OUT!!!" Willow screamed.

Amity quickly tackled Luz, pushing her and herself out of Grom slamming down.

Grom cackled as he stood back up, watching everyone run. "ALRIGHT, WITCH. I KNOW YOU'RE AROUND HERE." His eyes glowed its terrifying blue.

Amity and Luz quickly got to their feet, with both quickly backing up. "What is that thing!?"

"A monster!" Luz exclaimed, wanting to appear clueless. But she was more worried about the fact that she wouldn't be able to transform in front of Amity than the fact that Grom was there again.

Amity then grabbed Luz's hand and ran over to Willow and Gus. "Come on!! Let's get outside!!!"

Willow and Gus quickly nodded, running after them.

Grom just snarled and shapeshifted into some kind of monster with jaws and multiple legs, racing after them.

'CRAP, WHATAMIGONNADO!?!?' Luz's mind snapped as they ran and eventually made it outside. 'Okay! Okay! Just gotta stop Grom from chasing us! Illusions, don't fail me now!'

She then secretly spun around her finger and summoned an illusion of The Witch flying through the sky, and then blasting light at Grom.

Grom roared in pain before shapeshifting back to normal. "THERE YOU ARE!!!" He then scaled up the walls of the school and hopped into the air.

Luz took a breath of relief as her own illusion dodged and fought Grom. It wouldn't last for long, so she just had to keep running.

"We gotta hide!" Willow exclaimed.

"There!" Amity said, pointing at the woods, and immediately dashing, still holding Luz's hand.

The group eventually made it after what felt like a horrifying eternity of running.

"Okay...now what?" Amity asked, turning to Willow, panting from all the running.

"I guess we just hide out here." Gus said, secretly glancing at Luz for what to do.

Luz just nodded. "I agree with Gus. I mean, The Witch can handle this gooey thing, right?"

'YOU ARE THE WITCH! YOU CAN'T BE HANDLING IT IF YOU'RE HERE.' Willow mouthed before Amity looked at her direction.

"Let's hope she can." Amity said, moving around to try and get a glimpse of the battle from the woods.

Luz then put her hand around her back and spun it around, making her illusion make even more illusions to confuse Grom.

Grom roared in pure confusion, trying to figure out which one to attack while he was BEING attacked.

"Okay, I think we're safe for a while. This monster is probably toast...emphasis on probably." Amity gulped.

Luz then tried to think of a way she could sneak out without being detected...but no matter what she thought up, it would always have a major flaw.

There was only one option...tell at least one more person her identity.

"Amity? There's something I have to say." Luz said, walking forward.

"Really?! Now?!" Amity cried.

Willow looked at Luz, giving her a concerned look, but Luz just nodded.

"Amity, I'm the-" Luz's arm was then grabbed by a black tendril. "...one being kidnapped- AHHHHHHH!!!"

"LUZ!!!!" Amity, Willow, and Gus screamed in unison as Luz was thrown into the air and then dragged into Grom's grip.