Chapter 25: Love

Luz winced as a bandage was wrapped around her wrist. She had woken up and had stayed at Amity's house to rest.

Amity had a quick concerned expression. "Are you ok?"

Luz smiled and nodded. "I've handled worse, Ami! I'll be a-ok!"

"Heh." Amity smiled. "I'm glad you are. I was worried sick that I just had to follow you."

"How DID you find me anyway?" Luz asked, tilting her head.

Amity laughed. "Well, all I can really say is my dad's a genius."

Luz smiled. "I really like him. What about your sorry excuse of a mom?"

"Prison." Amity smirked. "Turns out? Golden Guard was gonna betray her."

"Wait, for real?" Luz laughed.

"Yup! He had the whole thing recorded so he could show it to the police!" Amity smiled. "He probably would do some editing so you wouldn't look like a witch."

"Smart." Luz said before her eyes softened. "Umm...so you and your dad aren't gonna tell anyone?"

"Your secret's safe with me." Amity smiled. "But does anyone else know?"

"Eda does, and so does King, and Willow and Gus. Now you and your dad. Also Eda's sister, Lilith." She then laughed sheepishly. "Guess I'm not too great at this secret identity thing, huh?"

Amity's eyes softened. "Luz, you're a teenager like all of us. You should be impressed with yourself. You can do MAGIC for God's sake! You protect people!" She then chuckled. "You even survived a sword fight with a deadly psychopath...it doesn't really matter if a few people know who you are or not."

Luz blushed. "Thanks, Amity."

Amity looked into Luz's eyes and a blush formed across her cheeks. "Y-You're welcome."

Luz slowly sat up, and then looked into Amity's eyes. Her green hair, her perfect skin, her angelic voice, and even the audacity to risk her life just to save her.

She was brave and strong, even attacking someone who was way stronger than her. If Luz wasn't crushing on her before? She definitely was now.

"A-Amity?" Luz whispered, blushing even harder. "Thank you."

"Huh...? For what?" Amity asked, tilting her head curiously.

"For saving my life." Luz told her. "I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be standing here today if it wasn't for you."

Amity blushed even more. "I wouldn't let them hurt you. You...m-mean a lot to me. You mean pretty much all of my heart to me."

Luz blushed EVEN more. "A-All of your heart?"

Amity's face went red and she tugged on one of the strands of her hair. "Y-Yeah...is that ok?"

Luz smiled and nodded a little too quick. "Yeah! Yeah!"

Amity smiled. "Good! Good!"

Luz then looked to the side and then back at Amity. She nearly died today...and Amity saved her the first time. If Belos ever came, would she ever get the chance to tell Amity her feelings?

The Witch then looked at Amity's rosy red cheeks. Did...did she feel the same? About her?

Even if she didn't...there was only one more thing she NEEDED to do. And one more thing she WANTED to do.

"Amity?" Luz asked. "Can...can I tell you something? It's...it's really important."

"Luz, you can tell me anything!" Amity smiled.

Luz giggled. "Guess that's true...alright. Here goes."

She then suddenly held Amity's hands. "Amity? You're an amazing person. You barely even knew me and you saved my butt twice from Boscha just because it was the right thing to do. You don't let your mother control your life anymore by just being yourself, and my friends and I liking you and wanting to protect you prove that yourself is the best version of you. You're brave, willing to run INTO danger just to see if I'm alright. I mean! You ran over to Grom AND Golden Guard, and was able to fight them off! No one besides Willow and Gus have ever stood up to a monster like that! No one except you."

Amity's face was now like a tomato from all the praise. "L-Luz..."

"A-And...lately...I-I've been...feeling something...when we danced and began to get to know each other? I felt like we were the only people in the world. That everything in the universe and all other worlds were at peace, and we were just dancing in a spotlight made just for us. Whenever we would have those small moments of just us whenever Gus and Willow would show up late or leave for something, I always cherish every second I get to spend with you because they are that precious to me, and YOU are precious to me. A-And then you invited me to the fair. I-I haven't had such fun in...forever! But the best part was being with you and just seeing you smile. Y-You looked so happy..."

"L-Luz...what are you saying...?" Amity asked, beginning to absentmindedly lean in.

"I-I'm saying...t-that I...I..." Luz then leaned in until their lips were practically brushing against each other.

"I love you, Amity Blight."

Amity's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates, and before she could process, let alone say something back...she felt Luz's lips press against hers.

Luz had kissed her.

Amity's whole world had disappeared. She couldn't focus on anything except for one girl. Luz Noceda. Her name now sounded like music.

And then...? She kissed back, wrapping her arms slowly around her neck. She had wanted this for so long. And even though her face was as red as fire itself, she didn't care. She was finally kissing the girl of her dreams.

Luz felt the biggest and heaviest weight leave her shoulders as Amity kissed back, and she wrapped her arms around her waist.

The two kissed for what seemed like an eternity before they parted.

Amity then smiled and then slowly spoke. "I...I love you too, Luz Noceda."

Luz's eyes widened. "Y-You do?"

"I wouldn't have kissed back if I didn't." Amity smiled. "You're so funny, smart, clever, sweet, and kind. And now? I know you're strong and always do the right thing. I could go on for literal days about how much I admire you and l-l-love you...I-I know it doesn't exist, but I think...I might have fallen in love with you the day we met. L-Love at first sight...I-I dunno, maybe it's me being cheesy...but what matters is...I-I love you. I don't care who comes from your world. They aren't touching you. I don't care if I'm in danger, because I know you have my back. I'm gonna face all of these threats...with you."

Luz's heart grew and grew until it melted into a giant puddle of squishy goo. "Oh...Amity..."

"Luz..." Amity whispered before she leaned in once again.

Luz leaned in as well. "C-Can...we kiss again?"

"Y-You don't even need to ask." Amity whispered before she kissed Luz again, cupping her face.

Luz felt another weight leave her shoulders as she kissed back. This was truly a dream come true.