Chapter 23: The Golden Shock

"I BRING YOU TO LIFE!!!!" King roared as he raised his little paws into the air, looking at his army of plushies.

Eda tilted her head. "Okay, what is he doing?"

Luz giggled. "We told him he might be related to The Titan and this is how he's taking it. Isn't it cute?"

Eda chuckled. "Yeah, guess it is. So, uhh, you're fine with that Jean-Luc staying up in your room?"

"Yeah! Of course!" Luz smiled. "He treats King well and he treats me well! He even does some of the cleaning!"

"Hmmm, having a monster butler IS pretty cool." Eda said with a nod. "And it's been about a day so far since I, uhh, tried to attack him with a knife."

"He forgives you for that." Luz smiled before her phone buzzed. "Okay, I'm scared now."

"Why?"

"Everytime I check my phone? There's a brand new monster or something terrible like that!" Luz cried.

Eda sighed. "You're just being paranoid, kiddo. Check it."

Luz sighed before pulling out her phone and then her eyes widened. "...THIS IS THE GREATEST THING IN MY LIFE."

"What? What is it?" Eda asked.

"Amity invited me over!!!" Luz cried before she quickly swiped the notification and then answered yes. "Second date! Woo!"

"Oh! So it IS a date?" Eda smirked. "When do I get to meet her officially?"

"Probably soon!" Luz smiled. "Oh, I better get ready! She says this afternoon!"

She then rushed up the stairs and Eda laughed. "Young love."

Later that day, when the afternoon arrived, Luz couldn't wait. She was excited. Another date with Amity. This was more going to her house, but in her book, it still counted.

She was also slightly nervous. Amity mentioned that her father was there, and she hoped he was a nice person. Especially after seeing how nasty her mother looked in public photos of Blight Industries.

When Luz arrived? She saw a mansion. "Whoa...Amity's...rich! I mean, I knew that, but wow!"

She then went over and knocked on the door. "Hello?"

Then? To her delightful surprise, Amity answered. Her cheeks went pink. "Luz! You're here!"

Luz giggled. "The one and only! Can I come in? Your house looks great from the outside, so I can only imagine the inside!"

"Of course! Come on in!" Amity said before opening the door and then playfully doing a curtsy with the ends of her dress. "M'lady."

Luz laughed and did a bow. "M'lady!"

The two girls laughed before entering the manor, with Amity giving Luz a quick tour of the place. And then? Alador entered the living room, the tour's final stop.

"You must be the famous Luz!" Alador smiled as he walked over and held out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Amity's father, but you can call me Mr. Blight or Alador."

Luz smiled and then shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you! Your daughter's one of the best, uhh, friends I could ever ask for!" She said with a light blush.

Alador noticed the blush on Luz and his daughter's face, smirking. "Yes. I hope so. Are you girls hungry?"

"Very! Thanks for asking!" Luz smiled as she and Amity followed Alador into the kitchen.

But when they arrived into the kitchen, Alador suddenly stumbled.

"DAD!" Amity cried, rushing to her father's side. "You ok!?"