Chapter 28: Lumity

Another week of school finally passed. Luz had been there for a full year. And her birthday was arriving soon.

Soon? She'd be a 17 year old teenage witch from another dimension...it was weirder than it sounded.

But Luz? She was happy. She had her adopted son, Eda as her mother, a girlfriend, two of the best wingmen and friends anyone could ask for, and a nice home. Back in The Boiling Isles? She would've never gotten something like this.

She even created a new form of magic! She didn't think that was even possible. But yet, it was.

Then? Her phone buzzed right before she stepped out of the house to get some fresh air.

Luz gulped as she nervously reached into her pocket, but was relieved when it was just a text from Amity.

Amity: Hey there, beautiful!

Luz: Awwww! You're the pretty one! What's up?

Amity: I just missed you. But I was also thinking if we could go on another date?

Luz: Wait, really? Sure! Where? Cause I, uhh, don't have any money for a fancy restaurant. Or any restaurant for that matter. XD

Amity: Lol, I figured. But nah, you won't need money. Remember the forest shortcut we took to get to the fair?

Luz: Yeah?

Amity: Meet me there! I'll leave the rest a surprise. ;)

Luz: Done and done! Cya there, Ami!

After leaving a quick note on a white board just in case anyone was wondering where she went, she grabbed her hat and jacket, and then headed off.

Okay, she actually flew off. If she had the choice to fly or to run, she'd choose flying. It was much quicker and easier.

After transforming back to her normal attire and hopping off her staff, which she used magic to teleport back to The Owl House, she saw Amity.

"Ami!" Luz smiled as she ran over and kissed her girlfriend's cheek.

Amity giggled and kissed her nose in return. "Hey, Luz."

"So, what's my special surprise?" Luz asked with a smile.

Amity giggled and then held Luz's hand as she took her girlfriend deeper into the woods. "You'll see! Don't expect too much though! This is just something I think would be fun!"

Luz nodded and continued to follow Amity deeper into the woods. They walked for a while, with the sun slowly beginning to set, but they would have about two hours before the stars began to unleash in the clear blue sky.

After what felt like a good thirty minutes of walking, Amity stopped and then let go of Luz, using her arm to wave away the leaves. "And we're here!"

Luz peeked out and then saw the soft and warm sand, along with the clear water waving across the shore before going deeper into the ocean again. "Wow...that water isn't boiling, is it?"

"Was your water boiling?" Amity giggled as she reached into her bag and walked over, just a little closer to the water.

Luz laughed as she followed her. "It was basically lava. Even just the steam could cause third degree burns."

"So THAT'S why you call it The Boiling Isles." Amity said with a nod before she set a mat or towel of some kind across the sand and then sat down. "Pop a squat!"

Luz smiled before sitting down next to her. "This is a nice surprise."

"Ah, ah! The surprise isn't here yet." Amity said. "It may be a while, but it'll be here soon."

"What's the-" Luz then sighed. "Lemme guess. You're not gonna tell me until it shows up, right?"

"Yup! Wouldn't be a surprise if I told you!" Amity laughed before holding Luz's hand.

Luz smiled before resting her head on Amity's shoulder. "Love you, Ami."

"Love you too, Light." Amity whispered, kissing Luz's forehead. "I'm glad you came here. You've brought nothing but good to my life ever since you came."

Luz giggled. "Call me your good luck charm then!"

Amity laughed, smiling another genuine smile. "Alright then, Lucky Luz."

"Angel Amity." Luz said in return.

Amity laughed. "Corny, but I like it."

"I like the ring of it." Luz said with a shrug before her nose caught whiff of something. "Hmmm...is your hair dyed?"

"Huh? Oh! Yeah!" Amity said. "See the brown? My hair color is naturally that. But my mother dyed it so I'd look like her and my siblings." She then twirled her finger in her hair. "But? I don't mind. Green's a nice color."

"It definitely suits you." Luz smiled. "But if you ever wanna show me your natural hair? I'd for sure love it." She added.

"Maybe I will, Miss Superhero." Amity laughed. "Sometimes I can't believe you are one."

"Neither can I." Luz said with a smile before seeing the sun slowly begin to go down. "Huh?"

"Oh! Here it is." Amity smiled. "This is what I wanted you to see. Your surprise! My personal favorite thing about Earth...and something I've always wanted to watch if I ever got a date."

"I'm glad you chose me." Luz said, still looking at the sun slowly beginning to set.

"I'm a LUZbian, so I'd only choose you." Amity smirked.

Luz snorted. "Awww! So you're only attracted to yours truly?"

"Forever and ever." Amity laughed before redirecting her attention to the sky.

The sun slowly went down, creating an orange color across the once blue sky, which reflected off the peaceful water. Seagulls squawked as they flew across the beautiful sea, adding to the effect.

Luz watched the sunset with wide eyes. She lifted her head off Amity's shoulder, unable to look away.

Amity spoke to her, but also not looking away. "Well?"

"It's...beautiful." Luz whispered. "I...wow."

Amity smiled before looking at Luz. "Yeah. The sight sure is beautiful." She said, although it was clear she wasn't talking about the sunset.

Later that night, Amity texted her father that she would be spending the night with Luz, wanting to spend even more quality time with her girlfriend.

Luz yawned as she stepped out of the bathroom, in a gray tank top and purple shorts. "It's nice to have you here, Ami-" She then blushed.

Amity didn't exactly pack anything, so she just borrowed some of Luz's clothes, wearing pink shorts and a black tank top...a lot of her soft and porcelain skin being shown.

Luz's cheeks turned red and she tried not stare. "Ummm, ready for bed?"

"Yup." Amity said before she was about to set up a sleeping bag, but then Luz laid down on her bed and pulled Amity with her.

"Whoa!" Amity exclaimed before laughing. "Luz!"

"I want cuddles." Luz said with a playful pout, putting the blankets over them and beginning to snuggle with her.

Amity rolled her eyes with a smirk on her face and she began to cuddle back. "Alright, Light."

Luz yawned one more time, closing her eyes. "Goodnight, Amity."

"Goodnight, Luz."