Chapter 15: Prom Night

"Thanks for the hug." Luz said as she got into something more comfy.

Eda smiled softly and nodded, giving her one more hug. "We're here when you need us, kiddo."

Luz smiled back and nodded. "I'm glad you're all my family."

"Awww!" Eda snickered before letting go. "Alright, remember, kid! Your special little Prom is tomorrow. Don't do anything stupid! And don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

"Aren't those the same thing?" Luz laughed.

"Exactly." Eda smirked before leaving.

Luz then got into, well, a onesie of some kind. Specifically, an otter onesie. She then cuddled up on her bed, pulling the blankets over her body.

King then stepped in and cuddled up with his mother. "You look silly."

"Being silly helps cheer me up." Luz smirked before she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Since Prom was at night, Luz had quite a lot of hours to kill. She did chores, magic, watched TV, and various other things. She needed the little cry session, hug, and nap.

Of course...that wasn't to say the memory of what happened all those years ago had been forgotten, especially since Grom reminded her of it.

But? What Luz needed was something to get her mind off it...and a magical therapist.

"Hmmm, 7:30. I got about 30 more minutes." Luz said before shrugging. "I might as well get ready!"

She then got dressed in a black and purple suit, smiling as she twirled around in front of a mirror. "I look good!~"

She then looked at her pointy ears and hummed. "Looks like I'll need a very long illusion spell to last the whole night."

She then smiled before hearing a knock and then going downstairs to answer the door? And then saw Willow and Gus.

Willow was wearing a green dress with yellow highlights, and Gus was wearing a black and blue suit.

"Wow!!! You guys look great!!!" Luz smiled.

"You don't look too bad yourself!" Gus smiled. "Couldn't decide between a suit or dress?"

"Wanted a mixture of the two, but didn't know how to make it not look weird." Luz laughed, spinning around her finger and making her ears look normal.

"Well, you look very nice! Ready to go?" Willow asked.

"Don't we still have 30 minutes left?"

"Well, yeah, but it's nice to be there early! Since it's a bit of a drive."

"Speaking of, how DID you even get here?" Luz asked, looking around in the sky for any flying thing.

"Uhhh, my dad drove us." Willow snorted.

"Oh. Right." Luz laughed before looking back in the house. "I'll cya later, Eda! Bye, King!"

"King?" Gus asked as Luz closed the door and they started heading to Willow's dad's car. "Who's King?"

"The cutest little pup ever ever!!! My adopted son."

Willow and Gus froze. "WHAT!?"

"Okay, okay! Calm down! He's more of a sentient demon dog who happens to have the intelligence of a person!"

"Okay, that makes more sense." Gus said.

After a long drive, they were dropped off by Willow's father.