Valavan wiggled his eyebrows. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Alli shot him a look. "Yes, he would. That is precisely why he is asking!" Valavan huffed. She leaned towards him once again. "Please do not embarrass yourself any further and just tell them."

He rolled his eyes before he took a deep breath, his eyes suddenly serious. "Alright. I'm training with all my previous knowledge from a certain someone whom we all are all too well aware of." He shrugged lightly. "The tips I'd not listened to and acted on properly before are coming in rather handy now."

Ilanchezhiyan gaped at him. "You mean-"

Valavan nodded slightly. Ilanchezhiyan exhaled. He changed the subject. "Did you keep one of them  alive for interrogation?"

Valavan looked puzzled. "Why would I do that? Clearly, it is Irungovel who has sent them!"

Ilanchezhiyan shot him an incredulous look. "Be that as it may, we should have interrogated one of them for any possible information they might be withholding." He raised a brow. "Did you at least confirm the fact that it was indeed Irungovel who had sent them?"

Valavan stared at him for a moment without replying. "Yes", he said finally. Alli whipped her head towards him. Ilanchezhiyan caught that look and sighed. Realizing her error, Alli bit her tongue, shooting Valavan an apologetic look. He shut his eyes in frustration.

He opened them to find Chezhiyan upset. "Well, if it helps, I know it is him because I saw it in the eyes of the last Adivasi I killed", he offered. A memory suddenly struck him, shocking him to the core. 

Adivasis!

"Chezhiya!", he whispered hoarsely. Sensing the urgency in his voice, Chezhiyan looked at him immediately, his eyes searching. Valavan let out a hot breath. "Do you remember that Indra Vizha all those years back?"

Chezhiyan's jaw slackened as realization hit him. The Azhundurvel came to the same conclusion, his eyes brewing with rage. "It was him! That bastard!!"

The memory left Valavan reeling. It was one thing to come to terms with the fact that his beloved uncle was the one who killed his parents for power. But it was another to accept that he had been planning it all along. All those years back.

His whole life had been a lie.

Chezhiyan ran his fingers over his hair. "Well, then, it is confirmed that Irungovel was the one who had sent them." His voice jerked Valavan back to reality. Chezhiyan sighed once more, rubbing his hands over his face. "It would have been helpful to interrogate them, nonetheless."

Valavan spread his hands. "Get real, Chezhiya! There is absolutely no way that Irungovel would have divulged any of his plans to them. I'm willing to bet that if you bring Mara into our custody, even that would prove to be fruitless!"

The Azhundurvel nodded. "He is right, Chezhiya. Irungovel likes to keep his secrets. Even I know that."

Chezhiyan nodded in defeat. "I suppose so." 

The Azhundurvel rubbed his jaw thoughtfully. "I believe that only leaves for the bodies to be cleared up. I'll send orders for that to be done immediately."

"Don't", said Valavan, stopping him. Everyone turned to him, surprised. "Let those bodies stay there for a while more. We can have them cleared by the evening."

Alli shot him a confused look. "Why would you say that?"

Valavan shrugged. "Well, if they are attacking me during my training session, it means that he knows I go to that secluded spot every day at the same time without any protection. Do you understand what that means?"