Camp vs. Camp Part 4

Start from the beginning

The crowd cheered in anticipation as the next game was set up and the trainers and their pokemon got ready. It was the same field that the runners used for the relay run only this time it included the hurdles for the pokemon to jump over. This time there was only one pokemon from each team, a Crobat for Team Oak and an Aerodactyl for Team Hill Valley. Everyone watching knew it wouldn't be much of a hurdle match so the rule was that the pokemon had to fly at the level of the hurdles so that they would have to avoid them. "Alright folks, the final game of the round! Racers ready up!" said Professor Oak.

The contestants lifted their wings ready to begin, "Alright then, 3...2...1...GO!!!"

The two pokemon created a huge gust of wind upon starting nearly knocking back their trainers. The pokemon seemed to be of equal speed, racing down the track as fast as they could. The hurdles weren't much of a problem with both easily flying over them, any difference in distance between them was immediately brought back as the two alternated between who was first. It seemed like it was anybody's game until the unthinkable happened. Crobat blacked out from the strain for a few seconds and it was just enough for him to not be able to react in time to avoid the next hurdle and he crashed right through it. Crobat stumbled in mid-air now being left a good distance behind Aerodactyl. He tried to get up to speed to catch back up but it was no use; by the time he got back up to speed, Aerodactyl had reached the finish line, the game was lost. Team Oak supporters were left disappointed at the result, their huge advantage was but a memory now. This still wasn't the end though, there was one more event left.

"What a stunning turn of events folks! Aerodactyl has won the race and that makes Team Hill Valley the winner of this round! It's all tied up again folks, now all that's left is the grand finale! The camp-wide obstacle course!" announced Kevin.

The crowd cheered while Kevin looked smugly at Professor Oak who just looked back with an annoyed expression. Everyone moved to a big open field on the side of the lake. Since this game was going to be much bigger in scope, they had to move to a bigger starting area where the start/finish line was. Ethan was pumped, after all this time watching the other trainers perform it was finally his turn to show them what he's got. "This is it, Ethan. The grand finale, you ready for it?" asked Leaf.

"Better believe it! We're gonna kick a**!" he replied.

"More like he's gonna get his a** kicked."

The group of friends turned to see Silver walking towards them with that same burning hatred. Unfortunately, he was Ethan's opponent in this final game. "This time, this time for sure I'm gonna bring you down and prove how pathetic you are," he says.

"Says the guy I beat the crap out of last week," Ethan replies.

Silver growled, "This won't be like the last time. I guarantee it," he said walking away.

Ethan watches as Silver goes to the starting line and releases his Feraligatr. Lyra hugs his arm, "You got this, Ethan," she says before she brings him into a loving kiss, "that's for good luck, not that you need it." 

Ethan smiled warmly at her, "Thanks Lyra, I've never let him beat me before and I'm not gonna start now."

With that Ethan made his way to the line, "Good luck, Ethan," said Red.

"Yeah win this for Team Oak!" Leaf called out.

Ethan turned and smiled at his friends before taking his place next to Silver and Feraligatr. Feraligatr growled at him viciously and Ethan just glared right back at him before releasing his partner, his most trusted companion, Typhlosion. Typhlosion stood up letting out a mighty roar as flames spewed out of his back, prompting Team Oak supporters to cheer. "Go get 'em kiddo," Jack said from the sidelines.