The Clash of Demons

3rd Person POV

"Crimson in position. I see the target. Only 20 feet south from me. Over." came the scratchy voice of one Namikaze-Uzumaki Menma through the earpieces of his team.

"Raven in position, as well. I see the target 25 feet to the northeast. Prepared to assist Crimson in its capture. Over." came Uchiha Sasuke's voice through the earpieces.

"Blossom in position. I see the target 25 feet to the northwest. Also ready to assist Crimson in capturing the target. Over" Sakura added her bit. 

"Great job team. Maelstrom in position. Target only 15 feet from me, straight down from my position. You three will engage the target. I will only intervene if things get out of control, understood?" Naruto asked through the earpiece, earning quiet, yet firm 'hai's' from his team.

"Scarecrow in position. Target only 15 feet from me to the southwest. Same as Maelstrom, over." Kakashi inputed at last.

"Very well, team. In three... two... one... now!" Naruto instructed as the genin of Team 7 dove to capture their target.

"GAH! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! AHH! IT'S BITING MY FACE!" came the desperate screams of Menma through the earpiece.

"AHA! I GOT YOU, YOU DEMON!" came Menma's voice once more, inciting Naruto to ask:

"Can you confirm the target's identity?"

"Hai! Red bow on its left ear! Target Confirmed: Tora the Neko!" came Sakura's voice through the earpiece.

"Great work team. Let's head back to the missions office to deliver the target and mark the mission as a success... for the tenth time this month." Kakashi said through the earpiece. You could hear the sweat drop in his voice... Bizarre.

*Missions Office - Hokage Tower"

"I see you're bringing Tora in, team 7." Minato said as Team 7 walked through the door.

"Hai! Mission Status: Successful, Hokage-sama." Naruto announced while carrying Tora who was... purring?

"I can see that Tora still prefers you rather than your team, huh, Naruto-kun?" Minato said with a sweat drop as Madam Shijimi looked ecstatic at seeing Tora in good health and comfortable.

"It appears so, Hokage-sama..." Naruto sweat dropped as well, taking notice of his teams condition.

Menma had multiple scratch and bite marks all over his body. Sasuke had scratches all over his face and legs. Sakura had her hair disheveled, as well as scratch marks on her head, as Tora decided to use her scalp to sharpen her claws. And lastly, Kakashi's mask and uniform were torn up in many places. 

Relative to his team, Naruto was in pristine condition. It seems that animals of all species had some kind of affection for Naruto, something his team took quick notice of with Tora and other animals they've had to deal with in missions for the past month.

"Very well. Congratulations on a successful mission, Team 7! Your pay for this mission, along with the other missions you've taken, will be deposited into your payment vouchers. They will be ready by the end of the month." Minato announced as he gestured to Naruto to hand Tora to Madam Shijimi, only to have the cat hold onto Naruto for dear life.

"Sorry, Tora. But you need to go to Madam Shijimi. She just wants you to know how much she cares for you." Naruto spoke to the cat?

'But all she does is strangle me while trying to hug me...' Tora spoke to Naruto?

To everyone else in the room, Tora simply meowed at Naruto.

"I know, but she takes good care of you. Otherwise, she would not pay every time you escape." Naruto answered? This was becoming a little bizarre to everyone in the room.