The Birth of Team 7?

3rd Person POV (Menma's Induction into The Shinobi Corps)

"Good morning, class!" came the announcement of a tan skinned chuunin with a scar across his nose.

His week had been difficult, to say the least.

Currently, he was saying farewell to his first graduating class, last night, he had a close encounter with a, now, jailed Touji Mizuki for attempting to steal the forbidden scroll, only to be stopped by an ANBU with a fox mask, and now, his class was not paying attention to him.

This class had been extremely difficult for him. After all, it consisted of many clan heirs to the strongest clans in Konoha: The Aburame, Inuzuka, Hyuuga, Akimichi, Nara, Yamanaka, Uchiha, and Namikaze-Uzumaki. As one could expect, there was a lot of competition between the heirs... or so one thought when he said the class was difficult. The only competitive students he had belonging to this class were Inuzuka Kiba, Namikaze-Uzumaki Menma and Uchiha Sasuke. The others were either too busy being silent, being shy, being a fan girl, or just being lazy...

"Good morning, class!!" the chuunin tried once more.

"GOOD MORNING CLASS!!!" he shrieked, using a jutsu his mother liked to use before she-

Better not go down that hole.

"GOOD MORNING, IRUKA-SENSEI!" came the collective response of the class.

"Good. Now, today is the day for team assignments! This comes from Hokage-sama himself, so any complaints you have, you're more than welcome to let him know." Iruka said with a knowing smile, knowing none of his students were willing to go against Hokage-sama's instructions... maybe except his son, but that was something he could handle.

"Now, Team 1 is-" and the assignments began, as one of the students didn't pay attention.

"Man... Naru-nii-chan is out on a mission again... I wonder when he will be back..." were the thoughts of one Namikaze-Uzumaki Menma. After the breakdown he had two years ago when he met Naruto formally, both had spent more time together. Somehow, Menma had wormed himself into Naruto's heart, and he would not leave any time soon. Also, it seems that little Mito and little Arashi were happy to do the same with Menma. Somehow, Naruto had managed to not interact with the two-year olds since they were born. 

After the Battle of Root, Naruto had studied long and hard to gather enough knowledge to cure Kakashi of the poison. And he succeeded. Turns out, his Regeneration Palm had the qualities to extract poison fast enough that it did not allow it to spread in the process, as well as immediately aging the poison into an antidote! The answer to his qualms were with him from the start.

"Team 7!" at this, Menma's attention came into focus.

"Uchiha Sasuke!" at this, Sasuke seemed to release a small grunt, indicating he had heard his name.

"Namikaze-Uzumaki Menma!" this time, Menma also grunted, but in disappointment. He couldn't stand the bratty Uchiha, not taking into consideration he was bratty himself, but that was besides the point.

"and Haruno Sakura!" at this, both Sasuke and Menma grunted in further disappointment as Sakura shrieked in delight, while all of the fangirls whined in their seats.

"Take that, losers! The love of Sasuke-kun and Menma-kun will be all mine!" she proudly announced to the room.

"Sakura! Sit down! I'm not done." Iruka scolded as Sakura sat down with a sheepish grin.

"As I was saying..." and Iruka proceeded to announce the teams.

Team 8:

Inuzuka Kiba, Aburame Shino, and Hyuuga Hinata, or as Menma knew them: Loud and annoying, creepy, and arrogant.