The Birth of Team 7: Part 2

3rd Person POV

"*yawn* Why are we out here so damn early?" came Menma's whine as Sakura and Sasuke yawned along with him.

"Because Naruto-sensei instructed us to be here. I don't want to know what his punishments are if an Elite Jonin is afraid of them..." Sakura said with a slight shiver.

"Ah, right, right..." Menma mumbled as he felt his eyes shut, followed by Sakura and Sasuke, who was trying to fight sleep.

"Suiton: Chisana Mizu no Ryu!" came a sudden cry from above the genin, who found themselves soaked to the bone.

"What is the deal with you, dattebanai!" came a cry from Menma, who immediately covered his mouth.

'Damn tick...' he thought.

"Good morning, my cute little genin!" Naruto announced with a small smile in his face, with a disheveled Kakashi behind him and a little orange fox on his shoulders.

"I thought we were going to be late to make them mad..." Kakashi cried behind Naruto, who turned to glare at him.

"You know one thing I do not tolerate, is being tardy, nii-san." Naruto scolded.

"Maa maa... you're too serious sometimes, Naruto-kun..." Kakashi complained.

"And you're too laidback sometimes, nii-san." Naruto retorted, before turning his charge.

"Anywho, the reason we're here today is to test you three to see if you're ready to become genin." Naruto informed them as the potential genin straightened up.

"Furthermore, this won't be an easy test, as you will be up against two jonin and one summon, so we will be analyzing all of your skills to know what to help you with, in case you do pass." Naruto began, stopping when Sakura raised her hand.

"Yes, Sakura?" Naruto asked.

"What is this summon you're speaking of?" she asked, noticing the little fox growl.

"Taiyo-kun, relax. She does not know." Naruto spoke to the fox.

"This, team, is Taiyo-kun. He is my familiar and is a Yoko. If you pass, during our missions Taiyo-kun will act as my messenger and partner. You will sometimes be receiving orders from me through him." Naruto spoke as Taiyo's fur seemed to flare in white fire.

"I will also be paying close attention to you all, so I hope you give it your all." Taiyo said as his fur calmed down.

"With that said..." Kakashi spoke as he produced a clock from a seal in his vest.

"This clock will be set to go off by midday. You will have plenty of time to take this from us." Kakashi said as both him and Naruto produced a bell from their vests.

"Umm, Naruto-sensei?" Sakura asked.

"Yes Sakura?" Naruto responded.

"How will we all get a bell if there are only two bells?" she asked the question plaguing Menma's, Sasuke's and her mind.

"Well, whoever doesn't get a bell..." Kakashi began.

"Will be sent back to the academy for one more year." Naruto ended the sentence. 

A heavy silence settled in the training field as the potential Genin's expressions changed from fear to determination.

"The time starts..." Kakashi began as the potential genin tensed.

"NOW!" came Naruto's voice as the genin hurried to hide.

"Well... while not good, their hiding skills are... mediocre..." Naruto deadpanned.