Chapter 15

HOPE'S POV:

I am dreading going home today. No not because of the date I am actually looking forward to the date but what I am scared of is telling grace about it. I haven't told her that days events either. Now I'll have to tell her everything and risk being skinned alive. Oh god!!

The lift is nearing her floor. As we got to her floor the doors opened and she stepped inside.
"oh god I am exhausted working is so tiring" she said laying her head on my shoulder. She looked at me through her eyelashes and asked "what's wrong with you, you stiff as a stick today?"

"Huh me? Oh no nothing I am just tired too"I said avoiding eye contact and looking at the floor numbers ahead.

"Then relax girl so much tension in muscles isn't gonna help it" she mumbled.

The elevator dinged signalling us that we have reached the parking lot. Grace took her head off my shoulder and moved towards our car. 

And Umm she sat in the passenger seat which is unusual because she knows I don't like driving. I know how to I just don't like to, I like to be driven around though. So seeing her in passenger seat I raised my eyebrows at her "too tired please" saying so she closed her eyes.

Rolling my eyes I sat in the driver seat and started driving.

We are halfway through home and I still haven't mustered up the courage to tell her about the date. She'll kill me. I shook my head to get rid of such scary thoughts.

We reached our building and I woke grace up. As we were going towards elevator a voice came from behind " hey kid how have you been".

I looked back and sure enough it was Larry. You see Larry is the security guard of the building and is of the age of my father. And he treats all of us as his own kids.

"Hey Larry I am good, how are you?" I said smiling at him. Grace went ahead and placed her head on Larry's shoulder and mumbled "and I am sleepy". Larry chuckled at her and patted her head shaking his head still chuckling.

Then he looked back at me said "I am good too kid, oh  the lift is here let's go".
We got inside the lift and I asked him
"You going up? Is everything alright ?"

"Oh it's nothing just a little problem on 5th floor" he said. Just then I remembered Lina his wife she was sick so I asked  "hey how's Lina now?'"

"She is fine kid and she said thankyou for your wishes" he said smiling warmly.

"I would love to meet her" I voiced out my thoughts. Just as he was about to say something my phone rang. And I told him "wait a sec" I took my phone out and noticed Larry taking a look at my screen. I dismissed it and looked at my screen CHASE it read. I smiled reading his name. I knew why he called.

I picked up the call and said with a smile on my face "you are so mean you don't even care about me anymore, was it that easy to forget my love?"

"Hahaha, where is she?" He said.

I glanced over to grace and said shaking my head "your sister is sleeping in the elevator".

As I looked at grace my eyes also fell on Larry who was looking at me like I am some sort of puzzle. But we reached 5th floor and Larry handed over grace to me. And he gave me a tight lipped smile. When he looked at me he held some kind of regret and guilt. Like he was doing something bad. I laughed at him and said "oh don't feel so bad Larry I can handle her weight".

"Ah yeah see you later and I am sorry" he said and left. I looked at his back confused by his behaviour.

"Grace?" Chase's voice came from other side of the phone.