Chapter 5

Hope Simons:

We sat in front of him he still hasn't looked up from his documents.

And I got the chance to check him out.
Oh god he is perfection just like his office. Did I just compare this hot man to his office. But it is true everything related to him is perfection.

He looked up and said "Good morning everyone".

I came out of my thoughts and replied with good morning sir like both of my friends.

Suddenly his eyes met mine .
"So my secretary must have informed you about your work, right?" He said looking directly at me. His blue eyes boring into mine. I was stunned for a second. And when I came out of it he was still looking at me probably expecting an answer.

"Yes sir she informed us about what kind of job we will be doing" I said looking at him.

Now I expected him to say something but he was simply staring at my face.
What?? is he expecting more?? My face shrunk up in confusion. And I raised my eyebrow at him which I regretted the same second.

Who tf does that raising eyebrow at your boss at Mr ERIC SHAW.
But what happened next was even weirder.

He smirked. What why?? Is it the appropriate response for what I said.

"Exactly what I prefer" he said looking me directly in the eye with that smirk of his. And I was once again left stunned and wide eyed. I get it, it was somehow a good response but it felt weird.

He turned to other side and his facial expressions changed entirely the smirk was gone and his face held a cold expression he said something to which grace replied. And they stood up and stated leaving I came out of my trance.
All I was thinking during all this time was about his deep blue eyes and that sexy smirk. And while I was in my lala land he told us to leave, I realised now.
I got up and started leaving.

But I was stopped by a voice
"Miss Simons since u will be working under my secretary I have some rules set up, u can leave after listening to them".
Said my boss.

I stopped at my place.

Grace looked at me and waved me by, I smiled nodding at her. And grace and cole left.

I looked back at Mr. Shaw. He was reading a document.

"Take a seat" He said coldly without looking up from the documents.

I immediately sat in front of him.

He looked up from his documents placed them aside and folded his hands on the table.

"I am finally thinking of having an PA" he said. I understood.

"Sure sir I will inform Miss clay about it"I said. He wanted to arrange interview for PA so miss clay would do it right?

"There is no need for her to know about it" he said. Now I again looked at him in confusion does he want me to do it. Sure but in my first day I don't think I am qualified to do interviews.

"No interviews are required" he continued. I guess he read my mind.

Now I let him continue because I didn't knew what he was getting at might as well listen him.

"The only two candidates I am considering for this post are Miss. Clay and you Miss. Simons" he said looking at me.

And I was bewildered. What is he saying??

"Whoever comes on top with their work in the next month will become my PA after a month" he said.

"What? but I am working under her. She has so much experience. I can't be better than her in month. You should give the post to Miss Clay. I am sure she deserves it" I said in one breath. It's too much pressure.

"It's up to me to decide Miss Simons. And I know she has more experience than you that is exactly why I am telling you about this. No one except me and you know about this. Not even Miss Clay. So I gave you an advantage. Same as she has. You are even now."he said.

Now I was left speechless. He is right knowing that it's a competition is an advantage, a big one. But why is he doing this. I looked at him with questions on my mind.

"I see potential in you Miss Simons." He said halting my thoughts.

I had nothing to say so I just nodded my head.

" You may leave now and start your work" he said dismissing me.

I stood up started going towards the door when I was almost at the door a voice stopped me again.

"Hope" it said. This time I looked back with a jerk I almost twisted my neck. Did I hear it right. He called me hope??

He was looking at me like nothing happened and for a sec I thought I heard it wrong but then he got up and came towards me and started saying "I am putting my trust in you" he said moving closer I was stuck to my place in shock
"I know you won't disappoint me and be careful hmm, take care of yourself" he said closer now.

I was rooted at my place his face closer to me now I can see his blue eyes looking at me with some emotions dancing in them his face looked like a sculpture this close so chiseled, his thick eyebrows, his sharp nose, and his lips so full and red almost inviting me to bite...
Suddenly I got out of the trance as I felt his fingers on my cheeks moving a strand of hairs from my face he said "come to me if anything happens , ok princess" and putting the strand of hairs behind my ears he left.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!! JUST HAPPENED.

********************************
🦋🦋🦋🦋