Chapter 8

HOPE'S POV:

I waited in silence. I have just told grace everything that happened today. She is still processing it just like me.

I am worried, I want to grab my hair in frustration. I am waiting for Grace's response. I just want to understand things.

I am looking at her face from past 2 mins and all she is doing is opening and closing her mouth repeatedly.

Slowly her expression changed and a smile came to her face, her eyes twinkling in mischief.

She clasped my hands in her and started saying "I am so happy for you, finally there is someone who can handle you".
She was enjoying all this her eyes were looking almost dreamy.

I snatched my hands from her grasp
"of course he can handle me grace I am his employee, he handles thousands of employees on daily basis. This isn't something worth thinking over. And what are you so happy about hnn?? I don't see anything good coming out of this." I said angrily.

"You aren't stupid hope, you know what this means. He has feelings for you hope. He made it pretty obvious. I mean he said"come to me if anything happens, ok princess"(she said trying to immitate him) what more do you need to believe that he likes you"  she said looking excited.

What has gotten into this girl. Ofcourse I am not stupid I know what this behaviour means but how can he. This is so absurd.

So I started to explain to my best friend   " I know grace I am not stupid but this can't be the truth, he is playing at something. I mean how can he have feelings for me he doesn't even know me. And on top of that he is my BOSS for fucks sake" I said frustrated.

He must be a womanizer under that facade of Mr. Perfect. That is the only reasonable explanation for this. He can't possibly have genuine feelings for me when he doesn't even know me. 

"But he is hot!!!! and he is very professional. Hope trust me when I say this. There are no rumours regarding him in the office. The only thing they talk about is how cold and professional he is. Nobody has ever seen him with someone other than a person who is work related. You shouldn't judge him like that" grace said.

"But he doesn't even know me grace." I said exclaiming.

"We did meet him at college when I think about it" she said with a thinking face.

"We didn't even utter a word to each other grace and we like met for few seconds. You are telling me he developed feelings for me 6 months ago when we met for a few seconds??" I said with an eyeroll.

She isn't even thinking. This makes no sense. Even if it does this shouldn't be happening.

"Now that you say it like that it does seem quite strange " she said.

Finally she is thinking. It is strange.

"But still the fact remains that he has feelings for you, you can't ignore that"she said raising her eyebrows.

"Ofcourse I can't he is my boss it will be impossible to ignore him" I said defeated.

"I guess I just have to keep my distance from him. And next time I'll simply confront him" I said with determination.

"But tell me everything if anything happens okay" grace said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Nothing should happen grace" I said picking a cushion and throwing it at her.

I started going to my room.

"Oh trust me something will happen okay"grace shouted.

I shook my head at that.