Chapter 14: Practice Makes Perfect

Zacznij od początku

Hisoka matched her frightening speed, calculating where to punch in tenths of a second. Continuous jabs left and right shot at her, but she easily ducked with cartwheels in the air. As he came down for a blow to her face, Raine positioned the knife where he was about to strike and was already placing her body in preparation for his next attack. Hisoka had no choice but to retract his attack.

She's figured out her stance must also change from a basic physical one, and that her blades still serve as offense even when evading. I must be careful where I hit~

"SWITCH!"

"SWITCH!"

"SWITCH!"

Bisky made calls faster and faster. As Raine jutted forward, Hisoka swerved away. Back and forth, they pushed and pulled. Both were instantly striking without hesitation the moment they were called to offense. But of course, Raine didn't have a single scratch on her.

Her attack pattern requires her forearm to remain perpendicular to the blades to achieve a horizontal slice across, avoiding thrusts straight through~

It was getting easier and easier to dodge her blades. Her movements slowed in variability. But again, Raine's aura only sizzled from his reaction. Hisoka pressed his lips together in anticipation when Raine closed her eyes as if she understood his thoughts. Her blades started spinning in all directions. At first, they spun like a wheel. Now, they were rotating in an infinity loop, allowing her to strike in a punching style. The sudden adaption created advantages as she shot forward, and Hisoka was cut on his torso. His eyes flickered to his wound then back to her.

"SWITCH!"

Hisoka thrust at her again, already adjusting to her newfound potential. "Oh, Raine~" he taunted veering to an opening beside her. As if time slowed, Hisoka brought his lips to her ear and whispered in a shivering breath. "Don't be so weak~"

A small trigger of hers he had figured out, a trigger to activate her real strength. Raine growled at his approach, her aura summoning to her eyes. Hisoka pinned her movements flawlessly. Not once had Raine dealt a critical blow or gained a noticeable advantage. In fact, he was doing quite well improving at a consistent rate, acquiring the right technique to overcome the surprises she threw.

Still, it was also a loop he was stuck in as she was adapting all the same.

Her combat skills are exceptional. This could go on for a while~

What differed from fighting other opponents versus Raine, was her unfazed aura. When going against Togari, the examiner from the tower phase, or Kastro from Heaven's arena, exposing their plan and making it seem like nothing affected him ticked them off. With Raine, she was never angered by his ability to read her plans or his inability to be provoked. It wasn't even in her best interest to show off or defeat him. She seemed to enjoy the battle right now. So, what would truly break her?

Hisoka snapped out of his thoughts while on offense, feeling a sharp tension from Raine's glare. Perhaps he should finish her off now. He switched tactics as quickly as he thought of it. He aimed only for her forearms pushing them in to pressure her into slicing herself. This already caused her slight hesitation. No matter what position she was in, he would attempt to kick her forearm into her body, even if there was an opening somewhere else. Raine had to focus not on evading from his attacks but dodging in a way her arms wouldn't graze her. She gritted her teeth and steered them up, down, out, in, while Hisoka ignored her open torso or face. He already knew the flips she'd go for-- aerial somersaults and jump twists.

Hisoka struck a side hook to her arm, but she evaded with her entire body. This put her in a position where her arms covered her torso, an opening to deal a clean hit into her forearms.