Chaptee 32

May always brought Elena weird vibes this was the month she had her baby but a lot also happened. It was Evie's birthday and it was almost time for her party. Rachel had still been refusing to talk to anyone She knocked on the door she knew that Rachel wasn't going to talk to anyone so she was hoping she could get to her. 

"Come in."

She opened the door seeing Rachel sitting on the floor reading. She closed the door going to sit next to her.  She knew that she was mad at everyone and maybe just maybe she could make her understand it a little more. "Hey i was hoping we could talk?"

"About?" She really didn't want to talk to any of them she was mad that everyone had lied to her. For years and they hadn’t thought that she ought to know the truth.

"Rachel you know exactly what i want to talk to you about." There was no point in trying to ease the conversation. Getting straight to the point sounded like the best idea.

"I don't want to talk about it?" She didn't want to talk about it she was mad that they had lied to her all her life. They had several chances to tell her but no they had waited till she had almost died and that was what hurted the most.

"You know your mom was a teenager when she had you." She knew that it must not have been easy for Freya making that decision.

She chuckled looking up at Elena that argument didn't hold. She seen Elena do it and she seen her mom force her to help. So why she couldn't she just admit that she was her mother. "So were you and you kept easy you do everything to protect her and keep her safe."

She knew that Rachel was smart and she could see that she was doing everything to stay mad at them. "I did everything to protect Evie and your mom did everything to protect you."

"How is that protecting me?" Rachel didn't get how pretending to be her sister was protecting her. 

She didn't want to use this card but if it would help she would. "You know that you could have had it worse right."

"How?" She didn't get what Elena meant by she could have had it worse. What was worse than finding out in the hospital that your parents weren't your parents.

"Did i ever tell you i was adopted?" She knew that it was a long and sad story.

"Really." Rachel knew little of Elena's life besides that she had Evie when she was 15.

"Yeah." As much as she didn't want to talk about it she knew that it might make Rachel see things from a different perspective.

"How did you find out?"

She had to say that she hated how she found out the most John could have thought of a better way to tell them. It hadn't needed to be like that. "I found out when i told my family i was pregnant."

"What?" She could tell that it was not a nice i found out.

"Yes. My uncle and his wife adopted me and Katherine." She would always think of them as her parents and nothing would ever change that they did so much for the two. And she wouldn't be able to thank them enough for that.

"They did."

She nodded they had always been understanding about everything that had happened. And now she was starting to feel a little bad for everything that had happened with her and her mom. She knew that she could have handled it better. Her mom was just trying to make sure that she was ok and she didn't want to accept it. "Yeah and it was the best thing that ever happened i couldn't even think of a life with other parents."

"What's the point of this?" She knew that Elena was trying to make her feel better. But she didn't get where this was going.

"My real father told me that my real mother was dead." She still didn't get why John had dared lied to them if they were going to find out anyways.