CHAPTER 63 | the abyss

OMNISCIENT POV

Kilo stumbles out of the craft, holding the man in his arms tightly as he slowly walks across the landing pad stationed to the right of a low and long, luxurious residence. Following the winding sidewalk connecting the pad to the residence, Kilo shifts the man in his arms to drape over his back and shoulders as he approaches the house. The angel quickly enters a code into the screen positioned in the wall next to the dark, wide door. The locks to the door click, and the door becomes ajar.

Kilo manages to swing the door wider with his foot before swiftly entering as the door automatically closes behind him. Sensing movement, lights flicker on, indirectly lighting the residence in a warm glow. The setting sun can be seen through the tall, wide windows which provide perfect views of the beautiful landscape of Mythos.

Two steps lead down to the common area eight feet in front of the angel where three sofas are positioned in a U formation with a low table stationed in the center. A modern kitchen stocked with all the necessities for cooking a luxurious meal with a corridor leading to guest rooms and baths just to the kitchen's right lie to the angel's right while a long hallway leading to the master bedroom and study resides to his left.

After taking quick glances of his surroundings and making sure the house is safe and unoccupied, Kilo starts down the hall to his right. After bypassing two guest rooms and a few storage closets, the angel arrives at the room on the end of the hall. The setting sun casts the room in a golden glow, while the motion-sensed, indirect lighting compliment the warm glow, making a very homey and safe environment for the two who just want to live together peacefully.

Kilo carefully lays Castyr on the soft bed before searching for the command switches. After finding a screen in the wall beside the bedroom door, Kilo activates it, turns off the lights, and lowers the white shades over the windows. Even without lighting the room remains in a low, warm glow, making Kilo relaxed as he walks over to the bed and joins his star in slumber.

✨✨✨✨

Kilo and Castyr stay in the bed in the energy bubble for four days, only leaving for occasional baths and when Kilo feels hungry.

Kilo wakes with the fifth sunrise and is met with a beautiful sight. The energy bubble surrounding Castyr sparkles in the morning sunlight, projecting beautiful patterns on the star. A soft smile comes to Kilo's lips as he looks at his star fondly, unaware of the small tear escaping his eye. Oh how he longs for Castyr to open his eyes and gaze at him with his bright smile.

Castyr has remained stable the past four days, so Kilo has a chance to search for the screen which controls the commands and features of the house. Finding the screen in the study down the opposing hallway, Kilo sets the protection perimeter around the house to alert him if any movement is detected. Once the security measures have been set, Kilo quickly returns to his star, making sure he does not leave for too long of a time.

Night comes slowly for the angel. Kilo returns both Castyr and himself to bed after grabbing himself something to eat. Even though the angel is not too hungry, he knows he needs to eat to keep his strength to be able to put more energy into the cycle. Kilo kisses Castyr on the top of the head before pulling his star in and putting his body in the mode to keep the cycle going while he gets some shut eye.

"Kilo...Kilo!"

The angel jerks awake when he hears Castyr's voice. It takes a few moments for the angel to calibrate his surroundings. He is in a dark void; it seems to be endless.

"Kilo!" The cry sounds again in the distance.

"Castyr?!!" Kilo calls as he begins to dash madly towards the direction of the cry. "Castyr!"