CHAPTER 22 | cadet castyr

CASTYR'S POV

I watch Miren exit the bay before turning to the general who turns and walks the opposite direction as Miren. Ilios and I follow the general and his comrades out of the bay and into a conference room.

Ilios debriefs the attending officers of the fight on Earth. He and his partner had heard the fight in the transport hangar as they were escorting their VIP to safety. Ilios immediately went up to the fight, and Rae joined after he escorted their guest to a secure location. I close my eyes to block the tears as Ilios reaches the part of the demons overcoming Rae and Kilo.

"Do you have any evidence they are alive?" An officer asks.

Ilios lowers his head.

"Did Lieutenant Kilo not connect with you, Star Castyr?"

"Huh?" I open my eyes and look at the officer. "Connect with me? What do you mean?" I inquire respectfully.

"A guardian usually creates a bond with their star to stay connected with each other. If you have connected with the lieutenant, then we could determine if he is alive."

"Colonel," a younger officer addresses. "I do not believe Lieutenant Kilo has his wings yet."

"I see." The colonel takes in the information. "Then, unfortunately, there is no way to determine if he is still alive."

My eyes swell, and I let out a breath.

"Colonel, there is a chance Lieutenant Kilo may be alive," Ilios speaks.

I look up at him with watery eyes.

"I can still feel Rae. Major Rae is alive. They were most likely captured alive by the demons," Ilios adds. His eyes fill with pain as he thinks of the terror bestowed on demons' prisoners.

I sigh with relief, but my heart aches for my angel. Where are you, Kilo? Please hold on. I will find you!

My brows furrow with determination, and I address the general. "Sir! Please accept me into the Division of Defense!" I stand to my feet and bow in respect.

Whispers circle around the table, as I stand with my head bowed.

"A star in the military?" "What?" "Don't stars just stay in their residences and want comfortable lives?"

Even though I can hear them, I ignore the whispers.

The general raises an eyebrow. "How would you be more useful in the military than in your residence?"

I lift my head. "Sir, my residence stores my energy. I can fill the reserves and train while the residence is using the stored energy. When the reserve runs low, I will return shortly to refill it. I believe I will be a valuable asset to the Division of Defense!"

This is first time my voice has been this strong. Yes, from here on out, I will have to be strong! I will train and grow strong so I can fight Hades and find Kilo. I may be small, but it does not mean I have to be weak. I could not save Kilo because I was too weak.

The general looks me in the eye and studies my expression. "Very well. We could use your abilities as a star as long as your residence has the energy it needs to operate."

"Thank you, Sir!"

"You will be under Major Ilios. But, for the time being, you will remain in the training center. You may join the major's unit once you have completed your training."

"Yes, General. Thank you for accepting me." I bow once more to show my gratitude.

TIME SKIP: ITHYOS, CASTYR'S RESIDENCE