-8-

Season 2, Episode 4 -The Town That Dreaded Sundown- [Part 2]

Jughead and i sat in the Red and Black room listening to music and reading the books that we checked out at the library this morning

Jughead and i sat in the Red and Black room listening to music and reading the books that we checked out at the library this morning. I was reading about the Phantom Killer. I had a book in on hand and was also reading some articulate off of my computer.

"So, you know how Moose and Midge were shot at lovers lane? Right?" I asked, turning towards Jughead.

"Yeah."

"The Phantom Killer, most of his victims were killed at a place called Lovers lane, it could be a copycat." I said, turning back to my book, "Our killer also wears a mask, we the cut outs at the eyes, but the difference is the Phontom Killers mask was white and the Black hoods, hood is black."

"What's up, Lovebirds." Toni asked, walking into the room with coffee.

"Reading." I answered, as Toni handed me some coffee.

"About?" Toni questioned further. Jughead flashed his book up, showing Toni the cover of his book. "Ah, beware of the zodiac. It's decent, though i prefer Robert Graysmith's definitive books on the subject." She stated, then turning to me, "What about you, y/n/n? What are you reading?'"

"The Phantom Killer." I said, raising up the book for her to see.

"You know, if serial killers are your move, i suggest Ted Bundy, Albert Fish, Aileen Wuornos." Toni shrugged and listed.

"They don't fit the profile." I stated.

"Right. I guess."Toni said walking around the room. "And unlike most serial killers, our guy wears a mask. Well, more of a hood, when he kills."

"Correction, when he try to kill someone. Also the phantom killer wore a mask." I said closing my book.

"We are looking for someone who most likely is combed with self-loathing." Jughead said.

"conversely, he sends letters and cryptos to the press." Toni said throwing a news paper on our desk.

"You think he is narcissistic, or a Batman villain?" The three of us chuckle.

"I'm a true crime junkie." Toni shrugged with a laugh sitting down with us.

"True crime is my crack."

"As it is for everyone." Mila laughed, "what do you need, Toni? You seem a little off."

Toni sighed, pulling out a cipher from her bag and placing it in front of me.

"The hell is this? A cipher?" I asked scanning though it.

"Yep, The Register took a break from bashing the Southside to run the cipher. They have the whole town trying to crack it." I picked it up and looked over it on more time. "Wanna help me crack it?"