-3-

Season 2, Episode 2 -Nighthawks- [Part 1]

Behold, Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. For decades, the heart of Riverdale. Now, the latest casualty in the town's ongoing battle against darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jug and I woke up and decided to go over to pops for our breakfast and check on pops after the events for yesterday morning

We walked up to the shop and along the side of it was written 'Death Diner'. What has this place become? Jug holds the door open as we walk inside to find it bare empty, no one was there. It was like a ghost town.

"Pop?" Jughead calls out.

"Did you see?" Pop says crying. "Did you see what they wrote on my Chock'lit Shoppe?"

I stand there star stuck.

It was time for school and after yesterday you could tell that people were on edge. Jughead had finished telling the group what the two of us had seen at pops this morning.

"It's another win for the bad guys. He is not even sure how long he can keep those doors open. His entire staff quite on him. He might only be able to keep it open for a week, maybe not even a week." Jug sad running his hand though his hair.

"It's because of what happened to my dad." Archie said sighing. "People are terrified. And honestly i don't see myself going back there anytime soon."

"Wait, i am sorry. Am i hearing acceptance?" Betty said. "I am not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place. Jug, Y/n/n, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in."

"We cant take any more social issues right now." Jug says.

"Our hands are full. Jug with his dads trial and mine are with running a gang without FP." I say poking at my food.

"Yeah, of course, i get it. That should be your top priority." Betty says offering us a small smile. "I will take point on helping Pop Tate."

"I will also help you, Betty." Veronica says. "Anything to keep and get me away from my parents, i am so in."

"Another B and V team-up? They should make a video game about you guys. I got to jet." Jug says grabbing his stuff. "I'm off to meet my dad's court appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff station."

"Let me come. I got to drop some flowers off for sheriff Keller." Archie says also getting up.

"Wait for me. I got to go meet Topaz." I say grabbing my stuff as well.

I arrived at Southside high flinging my serpent jacket on as the leather incased me along with letting my hair down. I let out a sigh as I walk over to the Serpents table.

"What's up? What's so important." I asked, sitting down on top of the table.

"We heard about what happened to Fred, and James said that Jughead was questioning the Serpents." Toni said rubbing her hands together. "You do know that it couldn't be any of us right? We know that Andrews are like your second family."

"Yeah, i know it wasn't you. But Alice Cooper brought it up whe we were at the hospital and i got him thinking about, you know."

"Sweet Pea, Fangs, James and Jake don't like that he is poking around on the southside. We all know what Tall Boy did too and how he reacted. If you want him to survive here, he has to roll with it or he isn't gonna last." Toni explained with concern.

"Yeah, yeah i know." I said running my hands through my hair. "He just.. he just doesn't understand. And i don't know how to make him get it, he just has to learn the hard way i guess. He was always stupid like his father."

"Yeah, that he is and i only met him once." She says laughing.

"Okay, i have to go." I say walking out of Southside remembering what jughead asked me to do earlier.

I walk into the interaction place at the police office seeing FP, as i slowly make my way into the room.

"Okay let's talk about the damn deal." Fp says.

"First, to review the charges you are facing." The lawyer says. "Arson, destruction of evidence. Making a false confession, obstructing justice, and not to mention this whole nasty mess of dumping the dead kids body in sweet water river."

I look over at jughead passing around the room frantically. "I know what i did." FP snaps at the lawyer. "What is the deal? What are they offering?"

"You are going to want to take it." Lawyer man says sliding over papers. "I have to tell you, i have been doing this a long time. It is a strong deal."

Jug and i walk over to see the pages. "How many... damn... years?" Jug asks.

I sit there in shock not knowing what to do. I dint want FP to get locked up but at the same time he wasn't going to rat out any of the serpents. And the lawyer was wrong it is a shit ass deal, i don't see why we cant get him a better one that isn't this dumb ass.

"Where are we going now?" I ask him as we walk out of the station.

"To home." Jug says slinging an arm around me. "Well, Archies home that i am living in." I shrug.

"works for me." I say as we get into the car.

Jug and I open the back door walking in and as soon as we come in Archie turns the corner with a bat.

"Whoa whoa. Whoa. Calm down, we are not here to rob or kill anyone, Andrews." I say laughing a bit.

"Jughead, Y/n, are you insane?" Archie sighed, placing a hand on his heart.

"You are the one ready to attack me!" Jughead defended.

"Plus, you are the one that looks a Dream Warrior from Nightmare on Elm Street 3." I say walking over to the counter.

"What did the lawyer say?" Archie asked. I held my head down not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"I have been walking around for awhile, trying to wrap my head around how bad it is." He says moving to the island. "It's pretty bad." Jughead says as his eyes began to get glossy and teary.

"He is facing 20 years." I say looking down at the crying Jughead.

"Oh, crap, jughead. I a sorry. That sucks" Archie says. Yeah, no shit it sucks. Going away for 20 year in jail would suck.

"The lawyer thinks he should take a deal and if he doesn't and the case goes to trial, he could be facing 40 years." I say looking back down at jug, rubbing my hand over his knuckles.

"That sucks." Archie stated. Jughead nodded and sighed.

"I'm scared, guys. Like really,really scared." Jughead mumbled.

"Yeah... me to." Archie whispered.

"About what?" I ask as Archie turns to the window.