Chapter 23: Personal Space

It's been a couple weeks since the whole Phantom situation. Somehow I've managed to dodge everyone's questions about my appearance by sticking with Erza. I knew if she caught someone trying to ask me about it she'd scold them for slacking off. Of course that meant I had to help rebuild the guild but I was going to do that either way so two birds one stone I suppose.

The only problem is since I was busy helping rebuild the guild I didn't have any time to figure out this whole appearance thing. I still don't have a handle on it so my tails are just flailing around everywhere.

Today is the grand reopening of the guild but I'm not sure if I want to attend it. Since I didn't have any time to train on my appearance, I still look like the 9 tailed fox I am. I want to be able to control my appearance before I go to the guild hall.

"Hey Y/N what are you still doing here, we're about to cut the ribbon to celebrate the new guild hall, Aye!" I got goosebumps and jumped in surprise at the voices talking right behind my ear. I must have been too deep into thought. I didn't sense anyone.

"Ahh!! Natsu!!! Don't you ever knock on the door like a normal person!?" I yelled at the pink haired flame brain.

"Yeah Natsu, were you raised by wolves or something?" I looked around for the familiar voice. I turned to the dining table and saw a half naked Gray eating cookies straight from my cookie jar.

"You're one to talk, you half naked creep! *bam* I'm so sorry Y/N I tried to stop them but as you can see I got dragged along," Lucy replied to Gray while hitting him in the head.

"What's everyone sitting around for, we have a guild reopening to attend," I searched for the voice and saw Erza leaving my bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

Great, I should have known they were all here. It seems as though they still don't know the meaning of personal space. However, now that Erza is here that changes everything. Natsu, Gray and Lucy I might have been able to escape from but Erza is another story. She gets scary when she's angry. I once ate the last slice of strawberry cake in the guild and... well, let's just say I don't eat cake anymore.

I suddenly felt goosebumps as something grabbed at my tails, "Ahh, still as fluffy as the first time I touched them," "Aye," I heard two voices behind me. I used my tails to grab them and flung them out the window. "How many times do I have to tell you two to not touch my tails!" I yelled at them.

"Why would you do that to me Y/N, I thought you loved me," Happy started sobbing and flying towards me. "I do but you don't see me grabbing at your tail do you?" I replied while hugging him.

"Oh are you finally gonna let me try your fire?" Natsu asked me excitedly. What? Why would he mention that again?

Wait

I turned my head around and sure enough, my tails were on fire again.

Great, guess that's something else I have to control as well.

"Natsu, leave her alone. Besides, we have a grand reopening to get to don't we?" I turned at the sound of Gray's voice and saw Gray, Lucy and Erza all looking at me with a smile.

"Oh yeah, that's right. I almost forgot about that," Natsu jumped back into my house from the window I threw him out of.

"Yeah about that-" I started but got interrupted. "You are coming aren't you? Everyone is waiting," everyone? "Everyone?" I said my thoughts aloud.

"Yeah, we were about to start the ceremony when we noticed you weren't there. The Master immediately stopped the ceremony and told us to come get you. Now come on, let's go silly," Lucy grabbed my hand and started dragging me toward the newly rebuilt guild hall.