𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌-𝑇𝑊𝑂

𝐻𝐼𝑀

I swear every time I see her she gets more beautiful.

The way she walked down the stairs and asserted dominance gave me butterflies.

I can't say I wasn't shocked when she said she was Deianeira but it does explain everything.

When she took me outside and explained her reasons I was perplexed. She wanted to leave me when it was over? But that was explained as well. 

And when she let me hug her I didn't want to let go. Ever. I was silently planning several ways to kidnap her and tape her to my body.

She led us back inside and left to get another drink and I went to see my family.

I was grinning like a cheshire cat and it was very visible that something happened. And low and behold, Giovanni asked the question.

"What happened to you? Did you finally make a move on Belle?"

"Yes! I hugged her!" I said, the grin not leaving my face. Both my brothers palmed their faces after my statement and my mother gave me a supporting smile.

"Okay, if that makes you happy. But who'd have thought that Belle, our little Belle, was Deianeira?" Angelo said.

Everyone said something along the lines of yeah or I didn't expect that except my mother and aunt Alissa. Then it dawned on me, they knew.

"You two knew? How?" I asked.

"When you left for the mission on Saturday we watched the footage and a mother always recognises another mother." My mother says.

Aunt Alissa continues, "Our suspicions were confirmed when Maria was in your office after getting her." 

"And then I found her and asked her about it and she told me she saved so many kids and gave them a safe home. She kept asking me why she couldn't do that for her own child. I reassured her and later Alissa found out because we tell each other everything." My mother finished.

"Why did you keep it from us?" I asked, feeling a bit betrayed by my mother.

"She asked us not to and we followed her wish." Aunt Alissa said.

I sighed but let the subject go. Instead I decided to look around the room for Belle and much to my dismay she was talking to the French Don. The French Don was a womanizer and was most likely making a move towards Belle.

My Belle.

I am a very possessive man and Belle was mine whether she liked it or not. If she truly hated me I would have let her go, of course. I am not that much of a madman but the French Don wouldn't.

I know Belle can handle herself, especially knowing she is the Deianeira, but I couldn't help but worry. Lucky for me my worries disappeared a few seconds later when he walked away with his tail in between his legs.

I let out a sigh of relief as I saw her talking to her first in command.

I talked with some allies for a few minutes about the crazy reveal from today, and happily sip my drink peace.

But my peace is disturbed when Belle makes another announcement.

"Hello again" She starts, "I just finished talking to Valentino DeLuca, he thinks he has leverage over me, so let me make it clear to everyone, if you think you have something on me, you don't so don't make that mistake."

Why did my father fuck up again. He should have known by now that you can't win from her.

He walks back with us with a defeated look on his face.