𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸

𝐻𝐼𝑀

I was working on my normal business-the cover-up for the mafia- when my mother called. I was so not in the mood for this. I was expecting a call from Elias.

"Ciao mamma, perché mi chaimi così tardi la sera?" I say. (Hello mama, why are you calling me so late in the evening?)

"Ciao figlio, non posso semplicemente chiamarti?" my mother answers. (Hello son, can't I just call you)

"Of course you can, it's just that most of the time you either know something or you want to know something."

"Mi conosci troppo bene." she says, (You know me too well.) "I heard that you might have found your Donna."

"Who told you, it was Giovanni wasn't it, the little snitch!"

"Don't talk like that, it wasn't his fault. I asked about his nose and he said that some 'puttana' did it to defend her friend."

"Yeah, that was good. She's the first person to put him in his place, he was quiet the rest of the day!" I chuckle.

"Great, when can I meet her!" She sounds so excited.

"I have Elias and Mattew bringing her in, you can see her tomorrow."

"What have I told you about kidnapping you Donna!"

"We had to, she doesn't show up on our radar, and I think she might be abused."

"Oke, but go easy on her okay."

"Si mamma, ti amo." I said, trying to end the conversation. (Yes mama, love you)

"Anch'io ti amo." (love you too)

She hung up and I was waiting on my call from Elias.

I continued to work for an hour when I couldn't focus anymore. I haven't seen her in person for more than 24 hours, I felt like a love-sick teenager who couldn't live without his high school girlfriend. I saw her working at the library reading to kids and I felt like a piece of me was filled with something.

Flashback

Mattew found out that she worked at the library on the weekend and kinda figured out her schedule, let me tell you she works a lot.

I entered the old-looking library and I started to look around. It was cozy and warm, almost romantic. I couldn't find her so I went to the little reception and asked about her. A little man came to help me and I could tell she means a lot to him.

"Our Belle, she reads to the children at 12." He said with a bright smile.

His smile was really intoxicating, I felt the need to smile. I think he might be her father, you could see where she gets her smile.

"I can call for her if you'd like?" He asked with the same smile.

"It's fine I'll wait." I said. With a smile, a real one!

I thanked the man and looked at my watch. It was 11:50. Ten more minutes.

I went to the children's section in the hope to find her there, I just had to see her. But she wasn't there. I walked around a bit more until I could see why she worked there, I was lost in all the books and the intoxicating smell. I snapped out of my daze and looked at my watch again, 12:04!

I walked back to the children's section and saw her there, she looked so happy. It made my heart melt.

"Hello ms. Richards!" A little girl said.