𝑂𝑁𝐸

𝐻𝐸𝑅

Who knew that one moment could ruin your life so badly you have no actual idea on how to solve it, well that is what happened to me. My so-called parents found me again after I ran away and it wasn't pretty. They sold me to Derek or Dimitri, he lied about his name, occupation, family everything. Even about his intentions with me, I will get into that later but as for right now, I'm standing in front of the only mirror trying to cover my bruises.

'And I thought I wouldn't have to do that anymore, well I guess I was wrong'

Luckily Dimitri is passed out on the couch so I don't really have to be careful and I can sort of take my time. But as luck would have it, I'm late for work.

I know you are thinking 'why aren't you leaving him' I mean I could but he has Lily-Rose, and if something happened to her I don't know how I'm going to live with myself. She is my everything and is my only reminder why I do what I do. With that I mean really illegal shit, I'm an assassin and some other things which aren't legal either. I have three legal jobs, but they don't earn nearly enough for me to run away with Lily-Rose and live a comfortable life without getting found again.

For my job as an assassin, I work for myself. I don't take orders from anyone, if they have a job to do for me they send it to me through my work number and if I accept they have the head of the person they wanted me to kill within 24 hours. If they want information about or from someone I get it, no questions asked. This is only if I find it reasonable if the person they want me to kill or torture is a bad man. There are a lot of them so I'm pretty well known for my skills and many have tried to get me to join their gang or mafia but I decline every time. I want to have the ability to disappear and have no connections whatsoever and live a normal life with Lily-Rose.

I finish putting my makeup on the bruises and put my long brownish hair in a low ponytail. I grab my chapstick and put it on my plump lips. I check myself in the mirror one more time and see my bright green eyes stare back at me. I put my mirror away and put my uniform on. My uniform consists of a pair of jeans and a hoodie which is too small for me.

I grab a small scarf and put on my shoes and walk out the door, on my way to my first job of the day.

I enter the cafe at exactly 8 am and start my morning shift by putting on my apron and walking to put the board on the door on open and walk to the counter to start the machines.

Approximately ten minutes later, the old lady from down the street enters. She is a regular and I see her quite often as she picks up her grandchild from reading hour on Saturday and Sunday.

I walk up to her as if I'm not a famous assassin acting like a helpless waitress. I'm known to the police because I killed a politician who was dealing with children and found my mark which led to them linking the other 89 murders - who were not cut into pieces or thrown into the ocean - to the same person. In total I killed 109 people and tortured 58. My insomnia really helps with this. Not being able to sleep helps me juggle my four jobs and taking care of Lily-Rose but since she was taken I have been able to do more and I've mostly saved children from auctions.

To the police I'm also known as Deianeira, because of my cruel ways of torturing and killing, but they can't seem to figure out who she is - me -. The mafia and gangs can't either, so I guess it's not too bad of the police that they can't find me.

I stand next to her table and greet her. "Hello again, what would you like?"

"Hello dear, I would like a coffee and a blueberry muffin please." she answers.

"Coming right up." I say with a fake smile. I used to be able to give a real smile but ever since Lily-Rose was taken by Dimitri I couldn't.

Flashback