27 || Lost in Our Trances

"I love you. I hate you. I like you. I hate you. I love you. I think you're stupid. I think you're a loser. I think you're wonderful. I want to be with you. I don't want to be with you. I would never date you. I hate you. I love you... I think the madness started the moment we met and you shook my hand. Did you have a disease or something?" -Shannon L. Alder

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WHY CAN'T THE balloon just pop in his hand?

"Elliot, don't you dare."

"Can and will," he said with a smirk. I know it's summer and all, but why would our parents agree to a water balloon fight? Did they just want to get rid of us for a while? Sure, they gave Alissa and I the keys to our cars if we wanted to go somewhere, but no, they wanted a water balloon fight.

"You know what? Since I'm so kind, I'll give you some time to run away."

"No way, Elliot!" exclaimed Alissa beside him. Before we started to play with the water balloons (where do they even get this stuff?), we decided that we would start off with a race. Whoever came in last place would be ambushed by all of the players with the water balloons.

"One... Two..." he counted, slowly holding the water balloon back to launch it.

"And you'll need some time to run away before I can kick your—"

"Now!" He, Alissa, Aaron, and the twins threw each of the water balloons in their hands, and even when I closed my eyes to brace myself, I can hear them popping loudly.

The cold water from each of them trailed down my arms and chest, leaving goosebumps on their way down. The water felt so cold that it makes me shiver silently, but it makes them laugh loudly.

"O-oh my God!" exclaimed Aaron between laughs.

"When I'm done with you," I told him, "you'll cry as much as you laugh, Aaron."

"Bite me, Hunter."

"No, no, wait!" I hear one of the twins shout loudly and quickly, and before I can even ten my head to see which of them yelled and why, two more balloons hit me.

Pop. One on my shoulder.

Pop. One on my face.

I closed my eyes tightly and dropped my jaw because of the immense amount of freezing water (I wouldn't be surprised if I got another cold), and I could hear them giving 'ooh's.

Although, one particular person didn't. I only heard laughter come from them.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Terrence and Aaron exchanging a few words, Elliot and Tyler were staring at me with shocked yet amused expressions on their faces, Alissa laughing.

"That was the best shot ever!" she yelled, earning a high five from Tyler.

"No," corrected Elliot, who no longer looked amused, "that was fucking painful."

"It really was!" I exclaimed at her. Alissa felt no remorse whatsoever and only continued to laugh. I felt my blood boiling, despite the cold water from the water balloons. I walked—no, ran toward her. "Oh, I'll show you pain." Terrence made his way over to me and yanked my be my arm.

"Don't have a cow, Willa."

"I'm not having one, I'm fighting one," I stated, but the second I turned around to meet her, I was yanked yet again.

"How about you, I don't know, hug her or forgive her, instead?"

"But that's the thing," I told him, "the devil doesn't accept forgiveness." I looked at her over my shoulder. "They only create war."