14 || Sprinkles & Stars

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." -Charlie Chapman

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MY TONGUE FELT heavy and unnaturally dry. Much like my head, the rest of my body was aching painfully.

An exasperated groan left my mouth. Something warm and rigid was pressed against my right cheek. Why is my bed so stiff? I tried to use every ounce of strength in my body to flip over, but it won't budge. The object on top of me was just way too heavy to move.

If that was weird enough, I think it just snored bizarrely close to me...

Sluggishly opening my eyes, everything felt blurry to me. I blinked. The blurriness turned into proper shapes and sizes, and I could tell that I am in fact not on my bed, but on the couch in the living room.

I just got the realization that the 'object' on top of me was in fact a person. Raise your hands to tell me who it is, class.

   Hm? What? Yes, that's correct! Aaron Harrison is lying above me, snoring once again.

   But why? How much had things gotten out of hand last night? I only took two sips of alcohol—one at the party and another here... at least that's what I remember taking. He groaned and removed his elbow from my right cheek, nudging it with his head.

   I was literally screaming inside, and it killed me to think how something feeling so right could be so wrong.

   His cheek was in contact with my chin, and his hair felt soft yet damp on my cheek. And I—no, no, no, no!

   I could feel his arm circling itself around my waist, just like how it did that other day at the pool.

   Something tickles my cheek, but not enough to make me laugh. "Shit." Aaron sat up nonchalantly, after tickling me with his fucking eyelashes when blinking, pushing up one hand on the armrest of the sofa and another on my—gulp—hips. That movement made me press my lips together and furrow my brows in awkwardness, and he runs his hand through his hair before cupping his forehead with both his palms in exhaustion.

   I sit up quickly, making the sofa shake the slightest bit, but it's enough to make his head shoot up and look at me.

   For a second, we both stayed silent.

   Then, almost simultaneously, we widened our eyes and gasp. And what did we do next?

            We scream.

*********************************************************

   "I'm still not done washing my hands, you know," said Aaron. He claimed that he didn't like it when he circled his arms around my waist—and that he liked it in his sleep—so, he said he'll keep washing his hands to get 'Wil-germs' off of his hand. Right now, we're eating lunch (not breakfast, because it's only three A.M.) in the hotel's diner.

   All I can say is that I am so grateful to God that no one was around when we woke up and screamed. "Shut up. This wouldn't have happened if—" Everyone—the twins, Elliot, and Alissa–averted their eyes to me for an answer, and I found it harder to explain.

   "If... we didn't watch that movie so late at night." It wasn't a complete lie. We did watch Up but that wasn't the main reason.

   Tyler groaned. "Is that all you did? Nothing else? I don't believe someone can fall asleep in such a—" He burst into a fit of giggles before he could complete his sentence.

"Intimate position," completed Terrence.

   Aaron sighed and I face-palmed myself, and Elliot snickered. "Hey, twins, tell Willa your first reaction when you saw them."