22 || Another Day, Another Wave

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view-until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

**************************************************************************

I WISH I could have been there during the cupcake war.

When Elliot claimed that they were going to do 'their own thing', that idiot meant they were going to have their own cupcake war. He, Aaron, and the twins were all in on it, and they decided it was a good idea because there was water at the beach, right? And that they could just swim it off once we eventually got there?

No.

Mom and Aunt Linda wouldn't let them 'swim it off' in the sea, so they had to take showers (well, Terrence had to take it twice because I may or may not have dumped some more cupcakes on him during his shower).

"Oh, thank God. You're all clean, now!" exclaimed Dad happily.

"Yeah," agreed Uncle Roger, "but where did you even get the cupcakes from?"

Elliot raised both of his arms in the air. "Okay, I know what you're thinking. We didn't steal them." Both of their faces washed in relief.

"They were free," he continued, "so we took them without anyone noticing."

"Elliot!" yelled Uncle Roger, "That counts as stealing!"

"No, it doesn't," Aaron assured. They were completely out in the open and free at the wedding reception. That's where we got them from."

"Whatever," said Dad, "just don't do it again." Both the men walk away from us, leaving us alone in the diner.

"Way to go, Elliot," I sneered. "They're going to keep their eyes on us the entire time."

"No, they won't," he assured. "They don't know how to surf, and they'll think it's boring to watch someone else."

My eyes widen because of the word 'surf.' It's going to be impossible to get me to do it. No, I wasn't scared of the creatures and dirty sand in the water-like the twins-but surfing has never been my forte. The twins are the only ones aware about that, and if they say so much as a word-

"Oh my God, remember that one time when we went to the beach, and Willa went-?" I interrupted Terrence by stepping on his foot, making him hiss and mutter curses under his breath. "What the heck was that for?" he asked.

"You had a bug on your foot," I lied. That idiot bought that piece of information, causing both his and Alissa's eyes to widen, yelp, and jump in the air. "Get it off, get it off!

"Ew, did you kill it?" she asked, alarmed.

Everyone laughed or snorted at his reaction, but Tyler only pursed his lips. He tugged Terrence's arm. "People are staring, stupid."

"Oh, well, I'm sorry," Terrence said sarcastically, "it's just that when a bug crawls on your foot, you get a little freaked out."

As they bicker, I slightly turned my head around to see Aaron smirking at him. Why did this little fucker have to run away, carry me, and then kiss me?

Don't let him get into your head, said my conscience.

That's what I'm planning not to do.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream," sang Alissa and Elliot off-key. "Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream."