Chapter 36 - Massacre

Silence.

The mortals head slumped in his grasp. Ezekiel smiled, his eyes still closed he let a little bit more of his impressions pour across the mortals mind, soft warmth, peace, relaxation. He impressed these thoughts in a loop of energy and suggestion until he felt it take root, like a little blanket of energy the memory would slowly play out on its own, fading from the mortals mind completely, but he hoped that the peace and warmth would remain once his memories faded from Brandon's mind. The mortal seemed to need it.

This being another part of Ezekiels innate abilities he felt the power inside of his core, trickling out of him and into his entire body. A warm stream separate from his blood, but his to direct as he willed through his body.

Innate abilities were very rare and powerful supernatural abilities that were often only gifted to one Leopard male or female every couple decades. And only one male or female in a family was normally possessed of an innate ability, but for Ezekiel and his brothers these things didn't seem to apply. All of them were supernaturally gifted. And Ezekiel....was the first and only Shifter born to have more than one innate ability at his disposal. Their powers made them great Guardians, but in some ways...the gift was also a curse.

At times when people needed their powers Ezekiel and his brothers were proud to have them, but dealing with each of their individual powers and the side effects from them was an exercise in will and in some cases Ezekiel knew that his siblings each struggled with it.

Ezekiel had his own....side effects that caused him no end of pain when it came to his own innate abilities. Ezekiel could impress his thoughts and memories on others through touch. Which is what he had just done to calm the mortals mind. Good feelings like peace and calm he could share or weave into another person's consciousness. Bad feelings like terror and hate he could also push onto his enemies or anyone he wanted to mentally dominate. But he could only do it through touch and unfortunately the act was not two sided. He couldn't read the thoughts of others or take their memories. But unlike the rest of his brothers Ezekiel had more than one innate ability. In fact he had three of them.

Making him the most supernaturally possessed male to ever be born in the last few centuries. Ezekiel never let this go to his head though. He was not in search of power or validation. He didn't need to bang in his chest.

Besides Ezekiel knew that each of his brothers were gifted and in some ways, they were more powerful then him, as he was more powerful than them.

He felt no need to compete and each of his siblings, excluding Lander, seemed to feel the same. Ezekiel failed to tap into his powers too often because there was a side of himself that he never wanted to let out, but he did often use his powers to help him with his duties as a Clan Guardian.

He was usually the one in the family to keep his siblings from erupting into an all-out war. With a touch he could often stop an angry Shift or a clouded mind. Stop other Shifters from overflowing with frustrations or fighting amongst themselves. He could sooth even his father's wrath or Landers if he could touch them and only if there was no other option. He did not use his abilities to manipulate others.

He could help them keep the beast at bay if they lost themselves and in his village many looked for him to intervene when there was a huge dispute among the Clans men or a blood feud that refused to die out between some younger leopards.

He may not have been the most serious or law abiding of his siblings, but his power was respected and in the end that was what mattered. Especially since his other two powers were deadly if he didn't control them. The other powers were tied into his blood making Ezekiel what his people called a Reaver.