chapter nine- a shade darker.

Start from the beginning

She stopped shaking slightly, the warmth of her felt foreign. What the fuck am I doing.

"Everything is fine, just fine." She mumbles lowly as a half-smile falls on her lips. I don't push the matter, disregarding the lie she had let out.

The car comes to a halt, before I can say anything. Ask her not to go, to reconsider the deal. Not that I wanted her to be a dancer at my club. Have her interact with other men, dangerous men. But it was the only reasonable option.

The Diavolo's den and all the other branches have male bartenders, waiters so no problems occur.

Just as I am about to utter a word, she pecks my cheek before turning the other way hurriedly leaving the car.

I follow hot on her heels, not wanting to let her go.
Her shaky figure comes to a stop. I look at her with an eyebrow raised. Is she going to turn around?

And she does.

She runs in my direction, a wanting look in her eyes. Not lust, but forcing herself to say goodbye.

I don't know her at all, but I let her kiss me. I don't take control. I let her think this is it.

I return her fierce kiss, smiling as she breathlessly pulls away. Beautiful.

Her little warm hands contrasting with my cold ones leave mine, and she doesn't look back, soon disappearing from my eyesight.

I sigh, rubbing a hand through my hair. I've been distracted for longer than I wanted. Almost forgetting my priorities.

My phone buzzed, interrupting my notions of the little vixen who had invaded my thoughts.

Answering the phone with a grunt, "Speak."

"We caught him, hiding in a stash house on the east. I'll get what we need." Alexander, my best friend basically a brother replied quickly, cutting the small talk and getting straight to business.

"No mistakes, you hear me?" I growl into the phone before ending the call.

About to drive off, my eyes wander to the unliveable houses scattered on the block. I had to get her out of there. I shouldn't have let her go, not when she's not safe.

I contemplate just leaving it. I don't owe her a thing. Instead, I navigated up the street, looking for her. Was it an excuse to see her? Yes. Will I admit that out loud, never.

I stalk towards the only house that looked somewhat liveable on the whole domain.

Banging on the entrance, a good five minutes pass before a sleazy, old man opens it almost taking the door off its hinges. The stench of cheap liquor radiating off him.

"Where's Valentina," I question with prominence and seeing the man's bloodshot eyes widen, he was scared. Intimidated.

Good, he should be. If he knew who I was and what I did he would be kissing my mother fucking feet.

I keep the same stone-cold expression on my face. It's clear this man also lacks common sense.

Towering over the man I get closer, "I asked you a question no? Answer."

Just as he was about to open his grim mouth, a harmonic but quivering familiar voice interrupts him, "E-Enzo..."

When my eyes meet hers, my jaw clenched in fury whilst my hands formed into fists after seeing her vulnerable state.