Pyro's Nightmare

I was a wandering traveller, and I was walking across the desert. Suddenly, I saw a caravan of people, and I decided to head towards them, because I thought they might have supplies.

When I finished walking toward them they looked at me strangely.

"Who are you?" A man on a horse asked.

"I don't remember, I've lost track of my name. But I know that I'm a friend to you."

"Friend? I don't think so, traveller."

Someone behind him reached out and whispered in his ear. He nodded his head.

"My brother's come up with a test for you, if you don't mind. To prove you're on our side."

"Sure. What do I do?"

"Stand in the nearby valley and stand still." He pointed in a short valley directly next to him and his party. I jumped into it.

"Good," He straightened his hat. "Now say that you've killed a man."

"I've killed a man." I said at his command.

"Ready your guns, we've caught a killer!" He shouted to his men, who pulled out rifles, locking and loading them and aiming them at me.

"Are you people actually going to fire at an innocent traveller?" I question, worried.

"Depends," the man said, smiling like he was possessed. "What would you do if we were to open fire at you?"

"I would run." I say.

"This killer would run! Fire!" He shouted.

And then I woke up.