Chapter 22

Y/N POV

It wasn't easy separating with Tzuyu, but I guess these things happen in life. I remain that I have made the correct decision in breaking up with her to pursue my career. I am not the type of person who dwells on the past. I am the type of person who moves on easily and breaking up with Tzuyu is one of the situation that I need this skill. 

The Premier League 2021-2022 season, this is my first ever season in a top flight football league. Our fixture for opening day is away at Norwich. I have been informed by Jurgen Klopp that I will be making my Premier League debut due to the departure of Georginio Wijnaldum and the injury of Milner. This puts extra pressure on me as I was expecting to slot into that midfield trio like I have been there for many years. 

Arriving at Carrow Road, I settle down and tried to calm my nerves. This was extremely nervous for me as this game will be broadcasted worldwide and also scouts from top team will be keeping an eye on this game trying to scout Todd Cantwell. Rumours has it that England manager Gareth Southgate will also be watching from the stands to prepare for the squad for World Cup 2022. I was struggling to focus on Jurgen Klopp's team talk.

Jurgen Klopp: Ok boys, here's the lineup for today.

Jurgen Klopp: I wanted to play our usual game of geggenpressing so I expect the midfield to counter press and win the ball as soon as possible once we lose possession

Jurgen Klopp: I wanted to play our usual game of geggenpressing so I expect the midfield to counter press and win the ball as soon as possible once we lose possession. Do not try to slow down the game and retain possession. We rely on Mo and Sadio on using their pace getting in behind on their full backs. Robbo and Trent do as much overlaps as you can down the wing to distract the defensive line.

After the team talk, we all went onto the field. There were so many fans this game. I know it is only Carrow Road, but the amount fans in this stadium here still surprises me. I don't think I have ever experienced anything like this before. In the K.LEAGUE the stadium was never full so to come here and see a sold out Carrow Road just added to the pressure I already have on me. There was just so much things going through my mind right now. I was really excited and nervous about making my Premier League debut but also I was really sad that I broke up with Tzuyu. Wait, why am I suddenly thinking about Tzuyu? Supposedly, I have moved on from her already but the memory of her supporting me from the stands and waiting for me at the player entrance after almost every FC Seoul game just popped up into my head suddenly. This was not good for my mental state coming into the game as I started to lose my fire and feel slightly sad.

First Half

We kicked off the game and was moving forward really quickly. Norwich are really conservative at the start of the game. Constantly sitting back and waiting for a chance to go on a counter attack meaning that we have a lot of chances in creating attacking chances. Fabinho dropped into the centre back position to distribute to the wide channels for Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mane. However, with Norwich sitting really deep, we struggled to get the ball into their box. Most of our attacks end in Andy Robertson or Trent Alexander Arnold putting in a cross and getting it headed away by Grant Hanley.